Groups

Pistachio Ice Cream?

Having got adicted to going to Pizza Express just so i can have their Pistachio Gelato does anyone know if it's in any shop?

Even ice cream would be ok. Have checked Waitrose, Marks and Spencers, Tesco and Morrisons, one of the local health food shops too.

Anybody any ideas?

Looked into making it but you need Pistachio paste, which doesn't appear to be available in this country either!!!

15 Comments

WOW! didn't know it was in pizza express. had it in greece and have been looking ever since. no luck so far :x

]Pistachio paste

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/410PyG6MfDL._SL250_.jpg
    this is what I use but it is not cheep

yummy i love pistachios .... might have to go to pizza express now x

Original Poster

hermanjelmet;6125316

WOW! didn't know it was in pizza express. had it in greece and have been … WOW! didn't know it was in pizza express. had it in greece and have been looking ever since. no luck so far :x

That doesn't bode well for me then!!

martin17;6125329

]Pistachio pastethis is what I use but it is not cheep

Thanks

Not quite ice cream, but you can get Pistachio Kulfi from most Asian cash and carrys. A kulfi is akin to an Asian ice cream.

uthmaan;6125667

Not quite ice cream, but you can get Pistachio Kulfi from most Asian cash … Not quite ice cream, but you can get Pistachio Kulfi from most Asian cash and carrys. A kulfi is akin to an Asian ice cream.

+1 albeit a lil more richer/creamier.

wow u guys manage to go pizza express with baby?!

Original Poster

been a couple of times with her.

We're really lucky i suppose, she's very good!!

sancho1983;6126314

been a couple of times with her.We're really lucky i suppose, she's very … been a couple of times with her.We're really lucky i suppose, she's very good!!

aww bless!

Original Poster

Just bought our first house as well, probably a bit crazy

uthmaan;6125667

Not quite ice cream, but you can get Pistachio Kulfi from most Asian cash … Not quite ice cream, but you can get Pistachio Kulfi from most Asian cash and carrys. A kulfi is akin to an Asian ice cream.

yeh thats well nice.

sancho1983;6126814

Just bought our first house as well, probably a bit crazy

massive congrats!! been an eventful year!

when do u move?

Asda sells pistachio ice cream :thumbsup: Thats where I get mine from

Original Poster

magicbeans;6126848

massive congrats!! been an eventful year!when do u move?

Had offer accepted on the 8th, should exchange sometime this week and move in next week!!

Miss Money Penny;6126876

Asda sells pistachio ice cream :thumbsup: Thats where I get mine from

Really!!! Will go and check it out next time i'm near one

Most supemarket indian sections have it - but it tends to be the cheap stuff made with veg oil.

Saw some in Sainsbury's yesterday and made me think of this thread,available online shopping too.

Antonio Federici Pistaccio 550ml
    £3.99/unit
    £0.73/100ml

AN AUTHENTICALLY SMOOTH BOUTIQUE ICE CREAM INSPIRED BY A TRADITIONAL RECIPE FROM THE ITALIAN RIVIERA.

ANTONIO FEDERICI'S GELATO ITALIANO IS INSPIRED BY A TRADITIONAL HOME-MADE RECIPE FIRST CREATED IN 1896 IN MOUNTAINS CLOSE TO THE ITALIAN RIVIERA AND THE HIP RESORTS OF PORTOFINO AND RAPALLO.

OVER 100 YEARS LATER ANTONIO'S GRANDSONS ARE PROUD TO RE-CREATE THESE GELATI FOR A NEW GENERATION OF ICE CREAM AFICIONADOS. EACH EXQUISITE SCOOP OF ITALIAN COOL HAS BEEN BLENDED TOGETHER IN TIME HONOURED TRADITION USING FRESH DOUBLE CREAM AND THE FINEST INGREDIENTS TO CREATE A GELATO WHICH HAS A LITTLE OF 'LA DOLCE VITA' IN EVERY SCOOP. BUON APPETITO!

Antonio Federici.

Made by Italians.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …285999
      2. What is there free to do in your town?612
      3. Labour MP Naz Shah retweeted calling for abused white girls to shut their m…1736
      4. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!523461

See more discussions