Pixel 3 vs Pixel 4

Posted 27th Oct
I have the Pixel 3 and I love this phone. However, I really want a new phone as I do almost every year, but feeling really unsure if it's worth upgrading to Pixel 4 (any other suggestions?). I am not feeling particularly tempted by any phone I am reading about this year so far which is odd, but I really, really want a new phone. It is very annoying! lol
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
Haircut_10027/10/2019 19:29

If you love your current phone, it's doing the job well, and you aren't …If you love your current phone, it's doing the job well, and you aren't tempted by any other phones then why bother changing your handset? I really don't understand this compulsion some people feel to go out and get a new phone every year just because the marketing tells us we should. We don't go out and get a new cooker, or new car, or new tv, or washing machine every 12 months so why should we do it with our phones?

Agreed, pixel 3 should be a decent phone for a a few more years. Phones don't get outdated nearly as fast as they used to.
17 Comments
Pixel 4 is getting slated in most of the reviews I’ve seen.
mas12327/10/2019 19:09

Pixel 4 is getting slated in most of the reviews I’ve seen.

I so want to feel I like this phone.
Note 10 or iPhone 11 or even op7
r5527/10/2019 19:17

I so want to feel I like this phone.

Get iphone 11 I reckon
The_Fiend27/10/2019 19:20

Get iphone 11 I reckon

That is an option I am considering too, they have those in Costco. Just always told everyone i would never go back to iPhone
r5527/10/2019 19:22

That is an option I am considering too, they have those in Costco. Just …That is an option I am considering too, they have those in Costco. Just always told everyone i would never go back to iPhone

Op7 pro is nice also note 10 but I don't want exynos processor so I may just get an iphone
I upgraded from Pixel XL to Pixel 3 XL earlier this year. It's faster, but it doesn't feel as well made as the original. I only say this as I'm now reluctant to keep Pixel without playing with it first, to see how it feels.
If you love your current phone, it's doing the job well, and you aren't tempted by any other phones then why bother changing your handset? I really don't understand this compulsion some people feel to go out and get a new phone every year just because the marketing tells us we should. We don't go out and get a new cooker, or new car, or new tv, or washing machine every 12 months so why should we do it with our phones?
Haircut_10027/10/2019 19:29

If you love your current phone, it's doing the job well, and you aren't …If you love your current phone, it's doing the job well, and you aren't tempted by any other phones then why bother changing your handset? I really don't understand this compulsion some people feel to go out and get a new phone every year just because the marketing tells us we should. We don't go out and get a new cooker, or new car, or new tv, or washing machine every 12 months so why should we do it with our phones?

Agreed, pixel 3 should be a decent phone for a a few more years. Phones don't get outdated nearly as fast as they used to.
As the owner of a P3 and someone who pre-ordered the P4, I'm sending it back and going back to my P3.

The camera in the P4 is probably a bit better in some instances but not noticeable better across most of the things I use it for. The face unlock is a bit temperamental I'm terms of distance to face in order for it to work and the decision to go solely to that and get rid of the fingerprint sensor is stupid because none of my biometrically secured apps with with face unlock, so I'm having to put in passwords and pins for all of them. Additionally, Android 10's gesture navigation is so stupid. Google decision to use the left side of the screen got the back gesture as well as the slide out menus already present across a huge number of Android apps has to be one of the most stupid design decisions ever made h it makes the phone less intuitive to use and instead of a simple swipe in from the left to get to the menu you now have to place your thumb and hold it in just the right spot to get the menu, or it just goes back. It contradicts the very nature of android's UI and actually make me not want to use the phone. I know I could go back to the 2 button, but I've got used to the gestures in the P3 and the Oneplus 6T and I like using gesture to get around my phone, by Google face dropped the ball spectacularly with the P4.

It's a definite don't buy from me.
Get s mate 20X. Finest phone I've ever had
I'm an Android fan boy but I wouldn't get the P4 unless you're really excited about the radar feature, it looks like the biggest anti climax Google have ever produced. When they released the 3a I thought it was the start of them making phones everybody would want to buy and not just the purists. They're totally missing out, if they produced a high quality Pixel with OnePlus 7 spec's, camera off the P3 and stock Android it would fly off the shelves.
Don't upgrade if you don't feel the need of it
Have you looked at OnePlus?
Geenation28/10/2019 09:47

Have you looked at OnePlus?

I have but really not feeling all that convinced with the camera over the pixel 3. Not sure if it is worth spending the extra to switch.
r5528/10/2019 10:22

I have but really not feeling all that convinced with the camera over the …I have but really not feeling all that convinced with the camera over the pixel 3. Not sure if it is worth spending the extra to switch.

It doesn't compare with the Pixel 3 camera, but there is a 'modded' app for OnePlus that gives you Pixel-like-camera-quality, it's called GCam.
I moved from Galaxy Note 9 to iPhone 11 pro no regrets at all
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants