Pixel 3 XL confirmed with nasty notch! Why???

Found 29th Jun
Here it is, based on someones leaked factory dimensions and cad files, the new Google Pixel 3 XL!!

But why, on earth have they gone and put a silly notch on it! Guessing it is down to the "rumoured" LG oLED panel in it...

2971941-6ERlt.jpg
Also with the new Google Pixel 3 side by side comparison!

2971941-hdEkJ.jpg
Personally, I was really hoping that the whole "notchgate" design flaw was over and done with and now, will be looking at the Pixel 3 instead of the Pixel 3 XL as a daily driver.. what a shame Google... not a good move!

* source onhacks/mysmartprice
Community Updates
Misc
11 Comments
Yes the pixel 3 (non xl) certainly looks the better of the two.

But it still just looks like the pixel 2 xl.

Come on Google, thin those bezels down.

I for one, probably won't get any of the two, sadly.
Mrswitch12 m ago

Yes the pixel 3 (non xl) certainly looks the better of the two. But it …Yes the pixel 3 (non xl) certainly looks the better of the two. But it still just looks like the pixel 2 xl. Come on Google, thin those bezels down.I for one, probably won't get any of the two, sadly.

Waited a while, until all the fake leaks died down and then picked out the 2 real ones, was very disappointed, as wanted a pure google phone, with a SD 845/850 in it and no notch to be the upgrade to the 2 XL, but looks like its not!
bitcoin54 m ago

Waited a while, until all the fake leaks died down and then picked out the …Waited a while, until all the fake leaks died down and then picked out the 2 real ones, was very disappointed, as wanted a pure google phone, with a SD 845/850 in it and no notch to be the upgrade to the 2 XL, but looks like its not!

I am genuinely gutted, they've missed their chance again, it's so frustrating, if they had of come out with a phone that looks like the mi mix 2s, with a price to match the lg g7 then they would sell like crazy, but I believe these will only sell as well as the 2, which is disappointing
Ah Yes, finally google are doing the "notch" Iove that notch I got a Google Pixel 2 and the screen real estate is less than my nexus 5x Makes sense to use the room up, why not!

Though my contact is due around the time (if) the pixel 4 comes out. Fingers crossed its still there
Edited by: "darthbacca37" 30th Jun
Bottom notch lol
Nooooooooooooooooooo

Hated the notch at first, but as soon as I saw the OnePlus 6 at the launch event I changed my mind. It's optional (most of the time), and with Android P's new navigation system and native notch support it should run with minimal issues.

The Pixel 2 is ugly, I would have thought that Google would have learnt their lesson. Pixel 2 XL looks ugly too, bezel is quite big for a 'bezel-free' phone design. Unfortunately the Pixel 3 looks exactly like the Pixel 2 XL, and the Pixel 3 XL's chin is still too thick. The Galaxy S8/Note 8/S9 ranges look far better.
Imitation is a a form of flattery after all. I’m sure Apple will be loving the mimicry.
34197867-uUrjk.jpg
My first phone, now stop moaning baout notches
MrSprkle2 m ago

[Image] My first phone, now stop moaning baout notches

It's so good looking, if only it had band 20...

Irrelevant, but I love your profile. I love that episode of the Simpsons
I don't understand the need for a notch at all. The Samsung Galaxy S8/9 is probably the best looking handset on the market and the top and bottom bezels are so small anyway. About 5-7mm top and bottom.

That's nothing.
darkstryder36016 m ago

I don't understand the need for a notch at all. The Samsung Galaxy S8/9 …I don't understand the need for a notch at all. The Samsung Galaxy S8/9 is probably the best looking handset on the market and the top and bottom bezels are so small anyway. About 5-7mm top and bottom.That's nothing.

The Pixel 3's chin still looks thicker than the S9's anyway (S9 still has dual speakers, just one at the bottom). Hopefully this leak isn't 100% accurate but I'm pretty sure it is, Google messed up their chance to make something bold yet again!

Will still be watching the Made By Google event when it's on though, hopefully we should hear some more news about the Google Home Smart Displays and (though I highly doubt it) the rumoured games console!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants