Pixmania...

So I ordered a Canon EOS 500D from Pixmania last week. After signing for it this morning, Ive more or less been playing around with it this whole time, experimenting etc. Fantastic camera.

Anyway, let me talk a little bit about the infamous Pixmania. This was my first ever order from them, after I made the order ( totalling around £940 for the camera and a laptop for my mum) I was beating myself up for not reading any reviews about them before I made the order.

At this point, I was expecting nothing good out of them what so ever, especially since I saw them take the money almost immediately after I made the order and had to wait 4 days before anything was dispatched.

Within these 4 days, I was getting extremely frustrated with the customer service that I was having to put up with e.g 0844 numbers and +33 00 numbers (France) and having to wait over 15 minutes on the phone just to speak to a half arsed retard on the other end that didnt want to help.

As my frustration grew, I was also doing a lot or research into the Pixmania organisation, incl Fotovista and Dixons etc. I managed to get a Fotovista executive supervisors email address and so I went ahead and emailed her a complaint around 1 A4 page long, and within 30 minutes, I received 2 emails and 1 phone call prompting a return and refund for the laptop because money was taken out of my bank while laptop wasnt actually in stock. They also refunded the whole delivery cost nice!

End the end of it all, I paid around £570 for the camera and the standard 55mm lens, which is a £110 save from Jessops instore! not bad

So apart from that, Im quite happy with my camera, I dont plan on using them again though! lol

15 Comments

A common trick for them to pull, that. Check with your bank that they actually refunded you, since another common trick of theirs is just to lie to you about it in the hope that you'll go away.

And if anything goes wrong with it they can tell you to stick it where the sun doesn't shine because trading standards can't touch them. Because they're outside the UK.

It's a tactical plan from DSGI. Smart IMO. Sucks for the consumer.

Worked for the group, and only thing I say to this is: AVOID!

Original Poster

Yes, I'm pretty sure I will get the money back. Not worried about it.
If anything does go wrong, the last thing that I will ever do is send it back to them in paris. As soon as i got it this morning, i went on the canon website and registered it for 2 years warranty

mus_ne;6050270

Yes, I'm pretty sure I will get the money back. Not worried about it.If … Yes, I'm pretty sure I will get the money back. Not worried about it.If anything does go wrong, the last thing that I will ever do is send it back to them in paris. As soon as i got it this morning, i went on the canon website and registered it for 2 years warranty

Seriously, do check. The lie about refunds all the time.

dxx;6050187

A common trick for them to pull, that. Check with your bank that they … A common trick for them to pull, that. Check with your bank that they actually refunded you, since another common trick of theirs is just to lie to you about it in the hope that you'll go away.

Yea, I had that for about 6 months, kept being assured that the person I was speaking to had issued a refund "not sure why it didnt go through last time but definitely done this time". Good job I checked and didnt just assume it was sorted!

Seriously, until the money is in your bank dont trust them!

Cool camera... 550D ought to be out n about soon.

kelly_o_fanatic;6050755

Yea, I had that for about 6 months, kept being assured that the person I … Yea, I had that for about 6 months, kept being assured that the person I was speaking to had issued a refund "not sure why it didnt go through last time but definitely done this time". Good job I checked and didnt just assume it was sorted!Seriously, until the money is in your bank dont trust them!

Yup. Sort-of like "Non, je ne suis pas sûr de la raison pour laquelle la restitution n'est pas allé par le biais de la dernière fois. Il est très étrange. Serait-ce que je viens de vous menti complètement, totalement et n'a pas pris la peine de mettre à travers? * twiddles moustache *. Je vais vous mettre sur holw de deux minutes alors que je le mets à nouveau. * mange oignon *. Là bas. Devrait être dans votre banque dans les sept jours. * mange passage gastropodes * ", isn't it?

First time I spoke to them I thought "Great, that was nice and easy". Luckily I check when a company says they are going to refund or I use a voucher or something, noticed the refunded didnt appear and it was all down hill from there!

I was emailing and phoning them a few times a week, not sure what was different the time I finally got my refund, but was just glad it was all over! I would never use them again and always click on pixmania boards in misc to give my opinion in the hope that it will stop someone else going through all of that!

Seems to be a company to avoid?

shocking company used once,never ever again

Original Poster

HTUK123;6050963

Seems to be a company to avoid?

no, "steer well clear" is what you gotta do haha

Original Poster

HTUK123;6050819

Cool camera... 550D ought to be out n about soon.

Wouldn't think so TBH, 500d is only a few months old.

Original Poster

Just checked my account, money with postage costs was returned to me yesterday.
I told you lol, I wasn't playing around.

If anyone needs help going through costumer service again, just PM me. I'll give you 2 email addresses high up with in Pixmania and Fotovista!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2642
    2. Thousands of minimum wage workers to receive part of £2,000,000 compensatio…44
    3. Weekly game codes giveaway 183722
    4. How much would you pay for this chair?1214

See more discussions