Groups

Pixmania any good?

I've seen the site around but never had to order from there.

Just spotted a good 5.1 system so i'm wondering if there is any reason I should avoid them?

13 Comments

Pretty negative reviews kicking about, seems they're good if it's just a simple order. Problems do seem to arise when things stop working etc.

Personally I wouldn't use them, They seem very over priced and the service i received when I purchased a camera was very bad... Tried selling me a grey import. What you looking at buying, which 5.1 system.

also, all the literature you receive is normally in a different language.. i bought a camera once, which came with european power connections...

Exactly, Grey imports! When i first received my camera it came with a 2 pin euro converter... Sent straight back for refund.

Original Poster

spann3rs;3472825

Personally I wouldn't use them, They seem very over priced and the … Personally I wouldn't use them, They seem very over priced and the service i received when I purchased a camera was very bad... Tried selling me a grey import. What you looking at buying, which 5.1 system.

I've been asked by my parents to do a bit of net research to find a suitable 'all in one' system for my younger brother for under £150 (christmas present). It needed to have a DVD player, Ipod Dock, Divx and speakers (5.1 or 2). After doing a bit of research I found the SC-PT460EB-K which covers everything but the Divx for £132.

Personally I think my parents would have been happier with something like the ]Isymphony M2 but strangely no-one makes a simple cheap all in one solution that I could find.

The Panasonic SC-PT460EB-K is £144 delivered at Pixmania, it's only 80p dearer getting it from Amazon who are a far better retailer although delivery is 4 to 7 weeks.

]Lasky's are doing it for £147 with free 3 to 5 day delivery

Curiously some sites are saying it does play DivX

tribaluk.com/pan…htm

bennettsonline.co.uk/ent…035

good.

Original Poster

barneydog;3473133

The Panasonic SC-PT460EB-K is £144 delivered at Pixmania, it's only 80p … The Panasonic SC-PT460EB-K is £144 delivered at Pixmania, it's only 80p dearer getting it from Amazon who are a far better retailer although delivery is 4 to 7 weeks.]Lasky's are doing it for £147 with free 3 to 5 day deliveryCuriously some sites are saying it does play DivXhttp://www.tribaluk.com/panasonic-scpt460ebk-home-cinema-system-08628035.htmhttps://www.bennettsonline.co.uk/entertainment/audio-and-hifi/home-cinema-systems/Panasonic-SCPT460EBK-08628035

It seems they neutered the DIVX playback on the UK version as the American has it. Pity as it would have been perfect with it but unless I can find a better option I may recommend it regardless.

We got foreign manuals for the camera and european charger with an adapter

Ungreat;3473169

It seems they neutered the DIVX playback on the UK version as the … It seems they neutered the DIVX playback on the UK version as the American has it. Pity as it would have been perfect with it but unless I can find a better option I may recommend it regardless.

It is a pity, it looks like a nice system.

I was going to suggest looking on AV Forums to see if there is a hack for it but I see you've already posted on there :lol:

Update to comment below: I've just received email from Pixmania to say my money is being refunded. Will keep fingers crossed. Seems they just take a long time to solve problems but get there in the end. Previous 3 purchases from them went smoothly.

I ordered a Samsung MP3 player in early September 08. Pixmania notified me there was a problem in their logistcs operation which caused a delay in delivery. The item was not delivered and the tracking system said it had been returned to sender (Pixmania) because it could not be delivered. I have been trying for 7 weeks to get a refund or compensation voucher but the reply is always "your request has been sent to our Transport Department". I am very frustrated by their incompetence. Also I purchased a Canon Ixus 90 IS camera from them. Delivery time was good and the camera is great but I had to print the 224 page instruction booklet from the CD supplied. This was not necessary on a Ixus 65 camera that I bought from Amazon.

[email protected];3479753

I ordered a Samsung MP3 player in early September 08. Pixmania notified … I ordered a Samsung MP3 player in early September 08. Pixmania notified me there was a problem in their logistcs operation which caused a delay in delivery. The item was not delivered and the tracking system said it had been returned to sender (Pixmania) because it could not be delivered. I have been trying for 7 weeks to get a refund or compensation voucher but the reply is always "your request has been sent to our Transport Department". I am very frustrated by their incompetence. Also I purchased a Canon Ixus 90 IS camera from them. Delivery time was good and the camera is great but I had to print the 224 page instruction booklet from the CD supplied. This was not necessary on a Ixus 65 camera that I bought from Amazon.

Keep on at them, I tried for between 4 and 6 months to get a refund, and kept being told it was all sorted, but when I checked I hadnt received any money. Got it in the end, but a lot of hassle, phone calls and emails.

Definitely steer clear!

Banned

I was sent european charger for a camera ordered from them.
    Customer service was ridiculous.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. love affairs1339
      2. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17826364
      3. Try buy that Minecraft Xbone Argos deal? 10% online code in your email!1214
      4. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1861344

See more discussions