Groups

Places to eat around the Nottingham Arena

Going to see Snow Patrol tonight, anyone know anywhere good to eat near to the arena? cheers :-)

23 Comments

cant help with the eating bit but went to watch snow patrol on sat 7th at manchester and they was superb, hope you enjoy

Original Poster

Thanks - Christmas present from OH, cant believe its here already! seemed like ages to wait at the time!

alijxx;4620330

Thanks - Christmas present from OH, cant believe its here already! seemed … Thanks - Christmas present from OH, cant believe its here already! seemed like ages to wait at the time!

got my tickets last minute so we only had a side view, but it was a good view of the stage and we still got the atmosphere, did a great version of "run"

bitseylango;4620267

There is a red- hot Buffet Shack not far from the arena, about a 5 minute … There is a red- hot Buffet Shack not far from the arena, about a 5 minute walkhttp://www.redhotbuffetshacks.co.uk/

Yuck yuck yuck. You been? It's nasty (or was when last I ventured there).

OP: What sort of food do you fancy, there's something for everyone tastes (or wallet :whistling:) around as it's a pretty short walk into the city centre.

megalomaniac;4620398

Yuck yuck yuck. You been? It's nasty (or was when last I ventured … Yuck yuck yuck. You been? It's nasty (or was when last I ventured there).OP: What sort of food do you fancy, there's something for everyone tastes (or wallet :whistling:) around as it's a pretty short walk into the city centre.

no.......never been, just the first one that came up when i googled. :roll:

bitseylango;4620434

no.......never been, just the first one that came up when i googled. … no.......never been, just the first one that came up when i googled. :roll:

Perhaps a slight exaggeration on my part :giggle: but I wouldn't recommend it from my visit there for a friends birthday a while back. It's one of those buffet places that seem to be 10 a penny in Notts these days. Only it does all kinds of different foods from around the world, bit of a jack of all trades master of none type establishment.

Theres Antibo's just up from the Arena and the food is lovely (2 for 1 too) This is where i'd recommend and might be worth booking. There's lots of yr usuals around the Cornerhouse like Wagamama's, Nando's etc and if you think you are going to struggle parking you are quite welcome to my driveway and get the bus, I'm about 8 minutes from town/Arena.:thumbsup:
    Would need stalker credentials first tho :-D

bitseylango;4620434

no.......never been, just the first one that came up when i googled. … no.......never been, just the first one that came up when i googled. :roll:

It's not that nice really.

Theres number one oriental buffet which is a bit further than red hot.

Then theres flaming dragon in the corner house?

michelleleemoo;4620536

Theres Antibo's just up from the Arena and the food is lovely

You ever try the Thai just a little further up parliament street from there? Langtong Thai if I remember rightly. Very nice, not cheap but totally worth it for special occasions. Also there's Bentons Brasserie a little further down towards the arena which is good.

EDIT: they have a website bentonsbrasserie.co.uk/

megalomaniac;4620577

You ever try the Thai just a little further up parliament street from … You ever try the Thai just a little further up parliament street from there? Langtong Thai if I remember rightly. Very nice, not cheap but totally worth it for special occasions.

No I havn't, must admit that since the cornerhouse went up all the nice little restaurants seemed to dissappear imo, Punchinello's has payed the price, but I will have a look at this one. World Service is good. I tend to travel out a bit which wouldn't be suitable for op.

michelleleemoo;4620638

No I havn't, must admit that since the cornerhouse went up all the nice … No I havn't, must admit that since the cornerhouse went up all the nice little restaurants seemed to dissappear imo, Punchinello's has payed the price, but I will have a look at this one. World Service is good. I tend to travel out a bit which wouldn't be suitable for op.

I can think of a few that are still around, Petis Paris (petitparisrestaurant.co.uk/) springs to mind around there. Shame about Punchinello's, It's not even like the Cornerhouse offerings are that great, I mean Nandos (although I do love their Chicken burgers) and Pizza Hut hardly compare :giggle:

megalomaniac;4620679

I can think of a few that are still around, Petis Paris … I can think of a few that are still around, Petis Paris (http://www.petitparisrestaurant.co.uk/) springs to mind around there. Shame about Punchinello's, It's not even like the Cornerhouse offerings are that great, I mean Nandos and Pizza Hut hardly compare :giggle:

Had a meal in the restaurant near the subway entrance :)once, I forget what its called, diabolical and Im not a food snob I just really like my food

michelleleemoo;4620680

4550 miles from dehli … 4550 miles from dehli ]http://www.godine.co.uk/4550-Miles-From-Delhi-Restaurant-Nottingham.aspx

Ooooooh don't get me started on Maid Marion Way curry houses........It's like heaven for a curry lover.

There's Mem Saab (mem-saab.co.uk/ famed to Chris Tarrants cutlery throwing antics), Chutney (chutneyrestaurant.com/ my personal fav), Laguna (lagunatandoori.co.uk/) and the newish one Cumin (thecumin.co.uk/ not tried this one so can't comment, but it looks to be doing ok)

]http//ww…asp
    alijxx, this is the best bet for parking if you dont want to take my offer up (Ive had my jabs honest:-D)
    Its the nearest, cheapest and really secure, well lit and clean and well if I said anymore you'd think I had some weird kind of car park love thing going on :-D Anyway hope you have a lovely time and leave with a good opinion of Nottingham.

Mmmmm mem saab, mem saab, mem saab. CLICK And Im back in the room!
    Now look waht you've started megalomaniac:x

michelleleemoo;4620755

]http://www.metrocarparks.com/arena.aspalijxx, this is the best bet for … ]http://www.metrocarparks.com/arena.aspalijxx, this is the best bet for parking if you dont want to take my offer up (Ive had my jabs honest:-D)Its the nearest, cheapest and really secure, well lit and clean and well if I said anymore you'd think I had some weird kind of car park love thing going on :-D Anyway hope you have a lovely time and leave with a good opinion of Nottingham.

got to agree with you there, I never park anywhere else! :thumbsup:

michelleleemoo;4620772

Mmmmm mem saab, mem saab, mem saab. CLICK And Im back in the room!Now … Mmmmm mem saab, mem saab, mem saab. CLICK And Im back in the room!Now look waht you've started megalomaniac:x

I know what you mean, everytime I close my eyes I see Jalfrezies. :giggle:

megalomaniac;4620836

I know what you mean, everytime I close my eyes I see Jalfrezies. :giggle:

Tonight dinner of bangers and mash is just not gonna do it now :cry:

michelleleemoo;4620860

Tonight dinner of bangers and mash is just not gonna do it now :cry:

Stick some coriander and chilli on it then close your eyes....you'll never tell the difference :giggle:

bigwok.co.uk/not…htm

This is really nice, and cheap. It is a buffet that does indian, chinese, Japense, looka t the menu

bigwok.co.uk/not…htm

and its only £9.99 a person to go up and get what you want as many times as you like (including Sushi & Teppanyaki) or £10.99 if you want to include sashimi

It would take about 5-10mins to walk there and is easy to find.

megalomaniac;4620886

Stick some coriander and chilli on it then close your eyes....you'll … Stick some coriander and chilli on it then close your eyes....you'll never tell the difference :giggle:

Oh My, I cannot STAND corriander and Im the pain in the butt who tells the waiter that I want my food without it, tastes like washing up liquid to me :-(:-(

michelleleemoo;4620772

Mmmmm mem saab, mem saab, mem saab. CLICK And Im back in the room!Now … Mmmmm mem saab, mem saab, mem saab. CLICK And Im back in the room!Now look waht you've started megalomaniac:x

I agree mem saab is fantastic

There is also an Indian called Anoki which is on the road directly opposite the main entrance to the arena. I've not tried the one in Notts but we've got 2 in Derby and they are excellent

BTW see you later, we're going too!!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Sad news about Barcelona23100
      2. How dangerous is Donald trump?2297
      3. Any PS4 News Here29213614
      4. What do you feel like whinging about today?1917257

See more discussions