Places to visit in snowdonia

Found 23rd May
Hi all, we are planning to visit snowdonia over the weekend. Can you please help us with some beautiful places to visit around. We have couple of kids and a baby with us so trekking/long walk might not be a good option. Any recommendations, much appreciated. Thanks.
Community Updates
Ask
14 Comments
deleted568030
Beddgelert is lovely and easy to walk around with little ones, there is also a great copper mine about a mile out of the village. We went with grandkids aged 7+8 and they loved the mine. Llanberis and Caernarfon always worth a visit.
Portmeirion is lovely. It's a small private town which has lots of pretty buildings. You have to pay to get in. Not sure how much these days.
We went there last summer cycling and the scenery was breathtaking. We found Barmouth to be really nice so worth a visit.
deleted56803023rd May

Beddgelert is lovely and easy to walk around with little ones, there is …Beddgelert is lovely and easy to walk around with little ones, there is also a great copper mine about a mile out of the village. We went with grandkids aged 7+8 and they loved the mine. Llanberis and Caernarfon always worth a visit.

Thanks very much . I have now added those places to our itinerary.
Edited by: "maabus" 24th May
nikkip131 h, 17 m ago

Portmeirion is lovely. It's a small private town which has lots of pretty …Portmeirion is lovely. It's a small private town which has lots of pretty buildings. You have to pay to get in. Not sure how much these days.

All buildings looks ver vibrant and colourful...thanks
mutley11 h, 13 m ago

We went there last summer cycling and the scenery was breathtaking. We …We went there last summer cycling and the scenery was breathtaking. We found Barmouth to be really nice so worth a visit.

Barmouth looks absolutely stunning. Thank you
Any good kids activities for 12 year olds as well please ?
deleted568030
maabus6 h, 20 m ago

greenwoodfamilypark.co.uk , just outside Caernarfon may be worth looking at, or wwwsurfsnowdonia.com
There is also Mt Snowdon itself accessible by foot or train (you'd have to book the train) and you can also go into the Power of Wales, the hydro electric dam, both at Llanberis.
Mt Snowdon
Take the steam train.
We did the Caernarfon-Beddgelert and that was great
snowdonia-attractions.com/

the plan was to climb snowdon and take the mountain railway back down but it was broken
Great view from the summit but humanity had been there doing it's thing this was going back a few years mind.
Edited by: "Wongy110" 24th May
If you are in to adrenaline, try the Zipline.
Another mountain worth climbing is Cader Idris - less busy than Snowdon.
maabus20 h, 33 m ago

Take a look at Bounce Below
Llanberis

The slate museum

The power station in the mountain
Thanks you very much all for your valuable suggestions. Much appreciated.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants