Placing bets on personal races

Banned 8 replies
Found 25th Apr 2009
So I'm going karting Sunday I watched on TV a guy walk into William Hill and say I bet £10 my son will win a so and so golfing trophy by the time he's 21. Could I walk in and say I'm going to win my GP 50 race at Daytona MK tomorrow? It's computer tracking so there is no disputing the winner.

1. Misc
  2. Betting
8 Comments

isnt it illegal to bet on yourself???? footballers cant bet on the outcome of games.....

maybe get someone else to bet for you

I bet you lose

lumoruk

So I'm going karting Sunday I watched on TV a guy walk into William Hill … So I'm going karting Sunday I watched on TV a guy walk into William Hill and say I bet £10 my son will win a so and so golfing trophy by the time he's 21. Could I walk in and say I'm going to win my GP 50 race at Daytona MK tomorrow? It's computer tracking so there is no disputing the winner.

I bet you can't

Liddle ol' me;5030051

I bet you lose

And I bet you are correct:thumbsup:

harlzter;5030099

I bet you are right:thumbsup:

And I bet you are. That's two bets I'll win

Original Poster Banned

damn someone bet on me winning then, it's a sure thing :thumbsup:

i work in betting shop and we dont take them kind of bets instore u have to write off to our odds compilar for special bets i.e your son will play for man u or u will live till 100 etc

The man on TV was probably betting on quite a famous trophy, so they were able to give him odds. Alternatively, as it was on TV, it may have all been set up - ie. phone calls ahead first, etc.

Either way you can't bet on something so small, as the bookies won't know the odds.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…18206624
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769188
    3. Mercedes-Benz recalls 400,000 cars in UK over airbag fault11
    4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread427214624

See more discussions