Groups

Plaese Help! TV DVD Boxset to avi

Hi Guys and Gals,

Hubby is going into hospital for an operation and is looking to make his way through a few TV boxsets while he is in there. Instead of taking a mass of DVDs he is looking to put them on his netbook Does anyone know the best way to convert the DVD episodes into single AVI files of about 349mb in size ? He tryed a tutorial on video help:

download.videohelp.com/che…tml

However try as he might he couldnt get it to work, if it makes a difference we are using a windows 7 laptop.

Thank you in advance - Sara x

7 Comments

Banned

I'm not sure if it would help but i use DVDShrink ]http//ww…cfm to remove the extras, and additional audio tracks, but i don't know how to convert them to one AVI file, maybe someone else may know.
    Good Luck to you both!

Original Poster

sennasnit;8174829

I'm not sure if it would help but i use DVDShrink … I'm not sure if it would help but i use DVDShrink ]http://www.afterdawn.com/software/cd_dvd/copy_dvd/dvd_shrink.cfm to remove the extras, and additional audio tracks, but i don't know how to convert them to one AVI file, maybe someone else may know.Good Luck to you both!

Hi sennasnit,

Thanks for your advice he has used DVDshrink in the past however it doesnt have the option to convert it to the avi file. He isnt after one long avi file, he would like seperate avi files for each episode if possible.

Download the episodes - much less hassle.

hotukdeals.com/ite…per

Says 24hrs only but worked fine for me later than that so worth a try.

I haven't done this for a while but using DVDFab (a 30 day demo copy is available on their website)

Put the DVDin the drive
    Launch DVDFab
    From the menu on the left chose DVD to Mobile and click on generic
    When the program has analyzed the disc it will show each of the episodes as a different Title Number, tick the box next to each one, you can guess what's an episode roughly by the length of it.
    Click Next and on that page click on Conversion Settings at the bottom right
    From the drop down list at the top right chose generic.avi.xvid.mp3 and click set as default
    Click OK and click on start

This will rip the DVD removing any copy protection, convert it to avi and split it into episodes, that's if I've remembered it right anyway.

Edit

When it's done remember to rename everything into something meaningful or you have a load of Title 1's, Title2's etc when ripping more than one disc.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764188
      2. Can't delete friends on Xbox 360 or accept any friend requests, anyone know…11
      3. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?88
      4. Weekly game codes giveaway 1831126

See more discussions