Groups

Planet Earth II - Coming 6 November on BBC1.

Banned
    Planet Earth II will mark the first television series that the BBC have produced in Ultra-high-definition (4K).

57 Comments

Original Poster Banned

Planet Earth II - an upcoming BBC natural history series that will be presented by David Attenborough.

youtube.com/wat…8QM

Take it in, soak it up.

Can't wait. Do we have a date?

Original Poster Banned

deeky

Me neither mate, going to look absolutely breathtaking in UHD.

All that's been confirmed so far is that there will be 6 hour long episodes. It will definitely be starting this year though, probably next month.

Edited by: "MrScotchBonnet" 15th Oct 2016

looks awesome! any recommendation on which edition of original planet earth to buy?? I remember some editions didn't include the 5.1 dd track... planet earth + frozen planet seems to be the newest version

Original Poster Banned

tince666

looks awesome! any recommendation on which edition of original planet … looks awesome! any recommendation on which edition of original planet earth to buy?? I remember some editions didn't include the 5.1 dd track... planet earth + frozen planet seems to be the newest version

I know, and to think we are destroying this beautiful planet makes me sad

Sorry, i'm not really sure about your question so don't want to give you incorrect information.

Original Poster Banned

moneysavingkitten

Or you could ditch the BBC and watch David Attenborough on PSVR … Or you could ditch the BBC and watch David Attenborough on PSVR instead.https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2016/10/07/the-full-list-of-playstation-vr-experiences-and-video-services-available-soon/

No thanks.

tince666

looks awesome! any recommendation on which edition of original planet … looks awesome! any recommendation on which edition of original planet earth to buy?? I remember some editions didn't include the 5.1 dd track... planet earth + frozen planet seems to be the newest version

Neither, you'll never get round to watching them if you're anything like me X)

MrScotchBonnet

No thanks.

Just pointing out David Attenborough is not exclusive to the BBC. Hardly something worth saying 'look what the BBC can produce' about.
    Edited by: "MSK." 15th Oct 2016

Original Poster Banned

moneysavingkitten

Just pointing out it's not David Attenborough not exclusive to the BBC.

What?

MrScotchBonnet

What?

Meh.

Original Poster Banned

moneysavingkitten

Yeah, everything I said is moot because I typed it's instead of is. Well … Yeah, everything I said is moot because I typed it's instead of is. Well done.

I still don't understand, even replacing the words.

MrScotchBonnet

I still don't understand, even replacing the words.

Oh well. That's a great loss.

Original Poster Banned

moneysavingkitten

Oh well. That's a great loss.

You edited even more so that it makes sense. Spelling isn't your strong point.

deeky

Are you asking Mrscotchbonnet out?

moneysavingkitten

Just pointing out David Attenborough is not exclusive to the BBC. Hardly … Just pointing out David Attenborough is not exclusive to the BBC. Hardly something worth saying 'look what the BBC can produce' about.

its not just Attenborough that makes it great, its the huge amount of hard work that goes into filming it, which the bbc funds.

Original Poster Banned

moneysavingkitten

Just pointing out David Attenborough is not exclusive to the BBC. Hardly … Just pointing out David Attenborough is not exclusive to the BBC. Hardly something worth saying 'look what the BBC can produce' about.

Now that it actualy makes sense (took some time getting there mind). Where have I said David Attenborough is exclusive to the BBC?

Why would I want to watch some crappy little thing on a headset? What is the point you are trying to make exactly?

MrScotchBonnet

You edited even more so that it makes sense. Spelling isn't your strong … You edited even more so that it makes sense. Spelling isn't your strong point.

Very astute of you. Yes I did edit it some more. There was nothing wrong with my spelling, but my sentence construction was tosh.

And David Attenborough is still not exclusive to the BBC.

Original Poster Banned

sparxuk

its not just Attenborough that makes it great, its the huge amount of … its not just Attenborough that makes it great, its the huge amount of hard work that goes into filming it, which the bbc funds.

Yeah, I honestly don't understand what she's getting at.

MrScotchBonnet

...Spelling isn't your strong point.

First warning...

You do not want my second reply.

Original Poster Banned

moneysavingkitten

Very astute of you. Yes I did edit it some more. There was nothing … Very astute of you. Yes I did edit it some more. There was nothing wrong with my spelling, but my sentence construction was tosh.And David Attenborough is still not exclusive to the BBC.

Who has said he is? what are you talking about?!

Original Poster Banned

fanpages

First warning...You do not want my second reply.

I do.

MrScotchBonnet

Now that it actualy makes sense (took some time getting there mind). … Now that it actualy makes sense (took some time getting there mind). Where have I said David Attenborough is exclusive to the BBC? Why would I want to watch some crappy little thing on a headset? What is the point you are trying to make exactly?

Just pointing out it's not justification for the existence of the BBC, which appears to be the point of this thread? Not look what the BBC can produce. Look what David Attenborough can produce and he can do it for other mediums and services not just the BBC.

MrScotchBonnet

I do.

Blimey! Out on a date with deeky, & trying to get hitched to me.

Original Poster Banned

moneysavingkitten

Just pointing out it's not justification for the existence of the BBC, … Just pointing out it's not justification for the existence of the BBC, which appears to be the point of this thread? Not look what the BBC can produce. Look what David Attenborough can produce and he can do it for other mediums and services not just the BBC.

Are you trying to say David Attenborough produced it? huh?

Original Poster Banned

fanpages

Blimey! Out on a date with deeky, & trying to get hitched to me.

We welcome you into it.

MrScotchBonnet

Are you trying to say David Attenborough produced it? huh?

Night Bonnet too tired to play word games (evidently).

Original Poster Banned

moneysavingkitten

Night Bonnet too tired to play word games (evidently).

Night. Still not a clue what your point was/is.

sparxuk

its not just Attenborough that makes it great, its the huge amount of … its not just Attenborough that makes it great, its the huge amount of hard work that goes into filming it, which the bbc funds.

They should add a couple of guest commentaries as well as a blu ray extra. See if you can handle watching it with Russel brand or Alan Carr as narrator!.. The whole experience would be ruined.

It definitely feels right with Attenborough.

Fully agree though, the effort and time taken to get all this footage is what makes it special (I own the blu rays of the first series and will definitely get this one too).

A little reminder of what the BBC does produce...

"I have to say that there are moments when I wonder — moments when its two senior networks, first set up as a partnership, schedule simultaneously programmes of identical character, thereby contradicting the very reason that the BBC was given a second network. Then there are times when both BBC One and BBC Two, intoxicated by the sudden popularity of a programme genre, allow that genre to proliferate and run rampant through the schedules. The result is that other kinds of programmes are not placed, simply because of a lack of space. Do we really require so many gardening programmes, make-over programmes or celebrity chefs? Is it not a scandal in this day and age, that there seems to be no place for continuing series of programmes about science or serious music or thoughtful in-depth interviews with people other than politicians?"

Source
    en.wikipedia.org/wik…ugh

Edited by: "[email protected]" 15th Oct 2016

Have they discovered new species or is it just repeated information, presented differently?

delusion

They should add a couple of guest commentaries as well as a blu ray … They should add a couple of guest commentaries as well as a blu ray extra. See if you can handle watching it with Russel brand or Alan Carr as narrator!.. The whole experience would be ruined. It definitely feels right with Attenborough. Fully agree though, the effort and time taken to get all this footage is what makes it special (I own the blu rays of the first series and will definitely get this one too).

I agree he adds to it immensely, but its a combination of the production and the narrator, not one or the other exclusively.

I recon Morgan Freeman could have a good crack at it, but he would be just reading a script, whereas Attenborough does know what he's on about!

stuarthanley

Have they discovered new species or is it just repeated information, … Have they discovered new species or is it just repeated information, presented differently?

How dare you
    How dare you use the word "repeated" when commenting about the BBC

It's just like saying the BBC produce paedophiles or allow paedophiles to hide among it's employees - absolutely disgusting remark

Yes Sir David does a fantastic job and has done for years but I think the majority of the content will just be upgraded video quality of previous footage shot buy poorly funded camera men who risk their lives whilst the fat cats of the BBC (excluding Sir David) reap the benefits and glory

Did I go to far?
    Just waiting for our Graham to enter the thread for comparison

Edited by: "philphil61" 15th Oct 2016

Original Poster Banned

delusion

They should add a couple of guest commentaries as well as a blu ray … They should add a couple of guest commentaries as well as a blu ray extra. See if you can handle watching it with Russel brand or Alan Carr as narrator!.. The whole experience would be ruined. It definitely feels right with Attenborough. Fully agree though, the effort and time taken to get all this footage is what makes it special (I own the blu rays of the first series and will definitely get this one too).

Oprah Winfrey narrates the US version of Planet Earth so I hear.

Original Poster Banned

philphil61

How dare youHow dare you use the words "BBC" and "repeated" in the same … How dare youHow dare you use the words "BBC" and "repeated" in the same sentenceIt's just like saying the BBC produce paedophiles or allow paedophiles to hide among it's employees - absolutely disgusting remark Yes Sir David does a fantastic job and has done for years but I think the majority of the content will just be upgraded video quality of previous footage shot buy poorly funded camera men who risk their lives whilst the fat cats of the BBC (excluding Sir David) reap the benefits and gloryDid I go to far?Just waiting for our Graham to enter the thread for comparison

Technology has come on leaps and bounds in 10 years phil. Drones would have played a massive part in filming much of this I imagine.

MrScotchBonnet

We welcome you into it.

Yeah, come on. We would welcome a bit of experience.

MrScotchBonnet

Technology has come on leaps and bounds in 10 years phil. Drones would … Technology has come on leaps and bounds in 10 years phil. Drones would have played a massive part in filming much of this I imagine.

I cannot disagree with your statement there
    What I can say is that this show is most likely to please those who believe in 4K definition whereas I believe in seeing things in real life.
    Yes I've seen a komodo dragon (two in fact) in real life, up close and very aggressive << only because when me and the Mrs went to Bali and visited an island to view them it was the wrong time of the month for my Mrs - not a good thing to do
    Yes I've seen wild and free elephants, hippos, lions, leopards, rhinos plus many more wild and free animals whilst on safari in Africa and nothing will better that experience
    You can't forget real memories but you can easily forget tv shows... just saying

Banned

Thanks OP. I'm really looking forward to that

Can't wait.

Looks fantastic on my Lg G5, can't wait to see it on the telly.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. How dangerous is Donald trump?31155
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764313
      3. Report online material promoting terrorism or extremism34
      4. What do these 2 men have in common1624

See more discussions