Planning a holiday to istanbul for next week??

Found 4th Sep 2017
Planning a holiday to istanbul for next week??

Was wanting to go for a week or two and have a few takes off to use up.

Has anyone been recently and do you have any tips (havent been before)

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
18 Comments
Brave you lol
Duck fat!
andybriggs0344 m ago

Brave you lol

id be more afraid going to france or spain or even london... why? because those places dont do anything to prevent such incidents (due to overconfidence), they only do damage control after something happened. Yet nothing happened in turkey since last year.... why is that?
mattsk1 h, 20 m ago

id be more afraid going to france or spain or even london... why? because …id be more afraid going to france or spain or even london... why? because those places dont do anything to prevent such incidents (due to overconfidence), they only do damage control after something happened. Yet nothing happened in turkey since last year.... why is that?

Maybe you should read a little before you dive in head first with a silly comment. Since 2016 there has been 4 large bombings, a shooting and suicide bomb attack at Istanbul airport and this year a big nightclub shooting.

if you think Istanbul is safer than London you need to do some real thinking.
Dannyrobbo51 m ago

Maybe you should read a little before you dive in head first with a silly …Maybe you should read a little before you dive in head first with a silly comment. Since 2016 there has been 4 large bombings, a shooting and suicide bomb attack at Istanbul airport and this year a big nightclub shooting.if you think Istanbul is safer than London you need to do some real thinking.

dates when that happened?
nightclub wasnt that on new years eve?
bombings? I dont recall anything in 2017

lets compare....
London June 2017
Spain August 2017
Here is a nice list express.co.uk/new…ism

But hey let's just stay at home everyone, people die in cars everyday yet we still drive them, same with airplanes and so on... hell being a pedestrian is a dangerous thing gov.uk/gov…ies
Edited by: "mattsk" 4th Sep 2017
mattsk26 m ago

dates when that happened?nightclub wasnt that on new years eve?bombings? I …dates when that happened?nightclub wasnt that on new years eve?bombings? I dont recall anything in 2017lets compare....London June 2017Spain August 2017Here is a nice list http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/693421/Terror-attacks-timeline-France-Brussels-Europe-ISIS-killings-Germany-dates-terrorismBut hey let's just stay at home everyone, people die in cars everyday yet we still drive them, same with airplanes and so on... hell being a pedestrian is a dangerous thing https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/annual-road-fatalities

New Year's Day it was, your link is a comparison of the whole of Europe with a single city in turkey. Look at the country as a whole and it's a different story but it's not often reported on the news some 87 attacks since 2011 and nearly 1000 lives lost (Source).

Im not even reacting to your ridiculous comment about being a pedestrian you know yourself how daft you are being.

just spend a little time to think before you post about sensitive issues, things go on around the world that don't make BBC news and making rash uneducated statements about things you know very little about make you look a fool.
Im not just fixed on Istanbul im open to other places such as Izmir or Antalya if anyone has any advice about them. thanks
hasnainthehotdeal6 h, 6 m ago

Im not just fixed on Istanbul im open to other places such as Izmir or …Im not just fixed on Istanbul im open to other places such as Izmir or Antalya if anyone has any advice about them. thanks

Is there a reason you are "open to other places" but they are all in Turkey?

Clearly you aren't open to other places, just to other bits of Turkey. Say it like it is.

The world is large, try to open your eyes a little.
windym23 m ago

Is there a reason you are "open to other places" but they are all in …Is there a reason you are "open to other places" but they are all in Turkey?Clearly you aren't open to other places, just to other bits of Turkey. Say it like it is.The world is large, try to open your eyes a little.

Just because have heard from friends and colleagues that Turkey is quite nice. Have been to california, las vegas, etc recently, aswell as dubai. Planning a trip to thailand and bali later this year which I was going to go this month but can't due to time restrictions. I am open to lots of other places in Europe / around europe just don't want to be spending 500 on a flight for a week to south east asia at the moment.

The bit that I mentioned in the post above yes I was referring to other parts of Turkey - Is that an issue?

Because I will be flying out from Newcastle and that I have left it quite late restricts my choices significantly.

Though thanks for your input.
It's a amazing place been a good few times in the last few years...

I would recommnad visitng the old city, loads of beautiful architecture...

Apart from the enjoy the nice food and desserts and keep safe!
sam503518 h, 13 m ago

It's a amazing place been a good few times in the last few years... I …It's a amazing place been a good few times in the last few years... I would recommnad visitng the old city, loads of beautiful architecture... Apart from the enjoy the nice food and desserts and keep safe!

Hi have you been to antalya at all also ? Just debating on which would be better out of antalya or istanbul as would prefer water parks etc rather than historical places and museams. thanks.
Just an as update all booked up now.

Planned to go away for 8 nights,

Think a 4 day split in antalya and then 4 days in istanbul is good or any opinions on spending more than in one than the other? thanks.
Have booked return flights to antalya - am currently booking the internal flights.

Have just checked the foreign office advice

Just seen this now aswell

On 1 January 2017, there was an attack on the Reina nightclub in Ortakoy, Istanbul; 39 people were killed and 69 injured.

I might actually be worthwhile watching the news didn't even know most of the attacks listed occured.
Edited by: "hasnainthehotdeal" 7th Sep 2017
hasnainthehotdeal4 h, 32 m ago

Have booked return flights to antalya - am currently booking the internal …Have booked return flights to antalya - am currently booking the internal flights.Have just checked the foreign office adviceJust seen this now aswellOn 1 January 2017, there was an attack on the Reina nightclub in Ortakoy, Istanbul; 39 people were killed and 69 injured.I might actually be worthwhile watching the news didn't even know most of the attacks listed occured.

Bit late now

You couldn't pay me to go to Turkey these days
hasnainthehotdeal5 h, 17 m ago

Have booked return flights to antalya - am currently booking the internal …Have booked return flights to antalya - am currently booking the internal flights.Have just checked the foreign office adviceJust seen this now aswellOn 1 January 2017, there was an attack on the Reina nightclub in Ortakoy, Istanbul; 39 people were killed and 69 injured.I might actually be worthwhile watching the news didn't even know most of the attacks listed occured.

This has to be a wind up, surely? You was provided with the link to this information three days ago...
hasnainthehotdeal5th Sep

Hi have you been to antalya at all also ? Just debating on which would be …Hi have you been to antalya at all also ? Just debating on which would be better out of antalya or istanbul as would prefer water parks etc rather than historical places and museams. thanks.

antalya more of a beach place, good to sake up some sun and relax.. tbh there both completely different places... could try do both as internal fights are very cheap
sam50355 h, 31 m ago

antalya more of a beach place, good to sake up some sun and relax.. tbh …antalya more of a beach place, good to sake up some sun and relax.. tbh there both completely different places... could try do both as internal fights are very cheap

yeh thats what im doing only like £70 return. wanted to do ncl - ant - ist - ncl but was alot more and had to stop in france for like 12 hours.

This way was 240 return from ncl and then another 70 return for the internal flights.

I pass being turkish anyways so I don't really have any bother in the middle eastern countries.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants