Groups

Planning a route with several stops - least mileage

I need to work out the shortest route from my home to approx 8 postcodes and back to my home. I know RAC/AA routeplanner allows you to add vias but you have to work out the shortest way round yourself. I need something that will work out the shortest route for me if i input start and finish points and the points in between. Does any one know of a programme or website that will do this please

7 Comments

Original Poster

thanks - can we find one for free now please???????

Here we go. Complete with speed cameras

theaa.com/tra…jsp

Original Poster

nope that doesnt work - I still have to work out the best route myself and put destinations in in the right order to get to the shortest distance. i want one to calculate the optimum distance for me

This is normally where a Sat Nav unit comes in handy............................

Apart from the AA/RAC, I can't think of any other good ones.

If this is a one off, then PM me your post codes, I'll sort them for you.

Original Poster

thanks for the offer Stora but its something I do quite often and not always to the same places. I also have to work out the ones ive already done to put in mileage claims to the tax man. I think i sort of remember which way I went but if I could find a solution it would certainly help me in the future. at the moment i resort to aa/rac and then the map book!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …88150
      2. Are these two things distinctly different to you?30115
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764501
      4. Aloha! Flamedeer Vacation is LIVE (until August 28th at 5pm)2226

See more discussions