Groups

Planning a surprise holiday for parents(and myself) opinion wanted on what Haven park

Now I wanted Blue Dolphin or Primrose Valley as I love Scarborough, the the prices for the 3rd week of march are about £350 self catered!

For less we can goto Craig Tara £234 for half board for the same week. and in the silver chalets which are beautiful or £154 self catering, now £80 for 3 peoples food for a week is quite good

Or we can go to Haggerston Castle for £140 self catering that week.

I like Craig Tara but hate Ayr(used to live there) and so have bad memories Berwick only been to once but was ok, not the sort of place id live though.

So Craig Tara seems the best fdeal i.e big silver chalet and half board, but I have been there so many times and the novelty has worn off.

Haggerston only been to once which I liked but there isnt much there.

12 Comments

Hello ryouga, havn't seen you for a while!
    I'm not sure about the Haven Park, but personally I would go for the park in The Lake District. You'll spend all your money in the arcades in Scarborough, whereas the scenery is free in the lake district!

Original Poster

I prefer seasides to scenery lol

I have been posting here for ages just havent had any problem threads,

Havent seen you too much though

I want Scarborough as I love it,and Whitby nearby and Pickering etc.

well im knocking on for 30 now so i prefer scenery!
    im always in the fs/trade forum
    im from the lincolnshire are, so its probably too close to home for me anyway
    whatever you do, dont go to cleethorpes!

Original Poster

Just found 2 cheap caravans at Blue Dolphin and Primrose, Blue Dolphin can get a 4 star Caravan for £142, or Primrose a Silver for £152 so its just food wise.

"Planning a surprise holiday for parents(and myself) opinion wanted on what Haven park"

I fail to see how you'll be surprised with all the planning your doing :? :?

I have worked at at Primrose & Blue Dolphin for the last few years. If you let me know what sort of thing you're wanting to know I'll try and help.

Original Poster

Really? I worked at Primrose 7 years ago, was ok but could of been better.

When I was there it had the 2 takeaways, the convenience store(ahem) gift shop and 3 bars and think had a seperate bar outside and 1 in the village, and a massive sports complex.

BD was nice but felt a bit outdated but it was 6 years since I last went.

Was thinking of reapplying to work there myself as I enjoyed working there.

Have you considered anywhere else?

Haven is just like an alternative to Butlins (not meaning to sound snobby !!)

Have you tried Center Parcs ? Fabulous place & always 25/30% codes knocking around

I usually go to Thorpe Park in Cleethorpes, our family love it! This year in June we are off to Blue Dolphin for a week holiday, it looks fab plus all the family like scarborough as well.

I would go for Blue Dolphin, then ya can tell me what its like LOL!!!

Original Poster

Eww Centre Parcs, I hate dem places.besides my family are poor so couldnt afford entertainment, and its a waste paying loads then sitting inside all the time.

ryouga;1462331

Eww Centre Parcs, I hate dem places.besides my family are poor so couldnt … Eww Centre Parcs, I hate dem places.besides my family are poor so couldnt afford entertainment, and its a waste paying loads then sitting inside all the time.

Hate Centre Parcs but enjoy Haven ? :thinking:

I think they would be more suprised if you did'nt go, then you could use the money that was for you and spend it on the holiday for the two of them = better holiday.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Any better deals after year's Sky subscription is nearly up?22
      2. sky q is it a good deal?55
      3. Speccing a gaming pc37
      4. help: windows 10 wifi issue55

See more discussions