Groups

PLASMA OR LCD - WHATS THE DIFFERENCE?

maybe a stupid question but what is the difference??

thanks

11 Comments

Banned

http://www.dan-jackson.com/smilies/tree2.jpg

ones plasma, ones lcd

Original Poster

deathtrap3000;4083178

ones plasma, ones lcd

thanks for your help :whistling:

Original Poster

sancho1983;4083168

http://letmegooglethatforyou.com/?q=difference+between+plasma+and+lcd

thanks very much :thumbsup:

lcd is liquid crystal display thats about all i know lol x x

Not much difference anymore Plasmas used to rule in picture quality etc. Now LCD’s have caught up and in some areas more superior.

LCD all the way 40" plus and 100Hz of course
    Plasmas eat electricity; suffer screen burn, huge heavy things.
    LCD Eco Green(er) No screen burn lighter and slimmer.

john05;4090062

Not much difference anymore Plasmas used to rule in picture quality etc. … Not much difference anymore Plasmas used to rule in picture quality etc. Now LCD’s have caught up and in some areas more superior.LCD all the way 40" plus and 100Hz of course Plasmas eat electricity; suffer screen burn, huge heavy things.LCD Eco Green(er) No screen burn lighter and slimmer.

Utter tosh...put them side by side, then you will see a dramatic difference.

john05;4090062

Not much difference anymore Plasmas used to rule in picture quality etc. … Not much difference anymore Plasmas used to rule in picture quality etc. Now LCD’s have caught up and in some areas more superior.LCD all the way 40" plus and 100Hz of course Plasmas eat electricity; suffer screen burn, huge heavy things.LCD Eco Green(er) No screen burn lighter and slimmer.

Yea, that's tosh. For SD plasma is much better.
    Plasmas don't eat electicity, each model varies wildly, but the newer ones have relatively low consumption
    They don't suffer screen burn, maybe a little image retention, but if you care for them then that won't even be a problem
    I give you that they're heavy, but how often do you lift a TV generally? I challenge you to come around my house and lift my 28" CRT without slipping a disc!!

I suppose you also believe that you must have full HD as well!!

I'm with the 'plasma is still better quality' argument. Go and look at a few. LCD looks good, until you see it next to a Panasonic plasma and then you can't help but notice that in low or mid-price range the plasmas have a much better picture.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …5491
      2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846260
      3. Now TV CODES - Free Sky Entertainment/Kids/Cinema/Sports1021
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764485

See more discussions