Groups

Plasma Screen Extended Warranty

Is it worth getting an extended warranty on a Plasma TV, in my case a 50" G10?

I am aware that goods sold should be "fit for purpose" and last a "reasonable amount of time". However I was on the Warranty Ex (part of Dom Gen) and noticed it also covered accidental damage too.

It will cost £239 to extend the warranty for a total of 4 years. I know its a lot but is it worth it for peace of mind?

Does anyone know of any better deals?

5 Comments

£239 is good price for 4 years extended warranty in opinion. I'd go for it

Original Poster

That price is from Warranty Ex, seems to cover everything Dom Gen do but at a lower cost.

I used a discount code (and was in the sale) at Very so got a good saving on the TV

Even adding this cost on will be less than JL and RS.

Thanks for the advice so far.

dpblackpool;7726195

That price is from Warranty Ex, seems to cover everything Dom Gen do but … That price is from Warranty Ex, seems to cover everything Dom Gen do but at a lower cost.I used a discount code (and was in the sale) at Very so got a good saving on the TV ;)Even adding this cost on will be less than JL and RS.Thanks for the advice so far.

Im paying £189 for 3 extra years with Dom Gen so £239 is about right i would think.

whats it cover?
    breakdown or accidental damage?
    new for old?
    repair or replace?
    time frame to get the job completed or do you have to do the running around to service centres etc?

Original Poster

It covers accidental damage and breakdown. Its also new for old if they cant fix it.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767478
      2. The HUKD home for Star Trek: Discovery1728
      3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047193
      4. Help - cannot work out how to advanced search anymore11

See more discussions