Found 14th Jul 2009
Im refurbishing the boys bedroom and want to put a plasma tv on a wall, looking at a few at them moment, but not sure if all of them are wall mountable, or whether i need to get a specific one that is wall mountable, anyone know? Thanks

21 Comments

they're all wall mountable
they'll have mounting holes on the back of the tv and you simply screw them onto a mounting kit

info here on vesa mounting ergoindemand.com/abo…htm

Plasma is alittle big for a bedroom?

Original Poster

wolf359;5743598

they're all wall mountablethey'll have mounting holes on the back of the … they're all wall mountablethey'll have mounting holes on the back of the tv and you simply screw them onto a mounting kitinfo here on vesa mounting http://www.ergoindemand.com/about_VESA_standard.htm

Thanks thats a great help:thumbsup: repped

Original Poster

MarzBarz;5743610

Plasma is alittle big for a bedroom?

They have a big beroom;-)

don't mount it too high - looks awful, it's not the way tv's are meant to be viewed. may be better off getting a good quality stand and then there's space for consoles, dvd player etc.

mine is mounted about half way up my wall and is a good height to look at

Original Poster

scrumpypaul;5743686

don't mount it too high - looks awful, it's not the way tv's are meant to … don't mount it too high - looks awful, it's not the way tv's are meant to be viewed. may be better off getting a good quality stand and then there's space for consoles, dvd player etc.

Good point still thinking of a few options at the moment, may go for an lcd (smaller)

how old are your kids they dont need a plasma screen spend the money onsomething useful like thyre education

Sorry to put a bad point on this one but I read a story about a boy being crushed by a mounted TV

metro.co.uk/new…=34

It totally put me off mounting my daughters one.

If you do put one up, please be extra careful

Original Poster

Shelby25;5743754

Sorry to put a bad point on this one but I read a story about a boy being … Sorry to put a bad point on this one but I read a story about a boy being crushed by a mounted TVhttp://www.metro.co.uk/news/article.html?Boy,_2,_crushed_to_death_by_TV&in_article_id=699329&in_page_id=34It totally put me off mounting my daughters one. If you do put one up, please be extra careful

Thanks for the warning, will prob go for a smaller tv, not even sure if i will mount it on the wall, just going through a few options

Original Poster

jamespir;5743722

how old are your kids they dont need a plasma screen spend the money … how old are your kids they dont need a plasma screen spend the money onsomething useful like thyre education

They are teenagers, im in the process of getting their bedroom decorated, might as well do it properly

i cant believ peole buy there kids palsma screen teles were gonna have lots of blind kids when were older and moronic ones too

nadss;5743798

They are teenagers, im in the process of getting their bedroom decorated, … They are teenagers, im in the process of getting their bedroom decorated, might as well do it properly

did you ahve a plasma when you was a teenager i know i certaintly didnt

Original Poster

jamespir;5743804

i cant believ peole buy there kids palsma screen teles were gonna have … i cant believ peole buy there kids palsma screen teles were gonna have lots of blind kids when were older and moronic ones too

Have I bought one? No. Blooming heck, was only asking opinions. I work hard, my kids study hard. Why so arguementative?:thinking:

jamespir;5743804

i cant believ peole buy there kids palsma screen teles were gonna have … i cant believ peole buy there kids palsma screen teles were gonna have lots of blind kids when were older and moronic ones too

Stop bloody moaning :roll: What people spend their money on is their choice. If the kids have got a big room, surely they're eyes are going to strain more trying to look at a small TV rather than a large one. It's not the size of the TV that would be an issue, it's how close they sit to it.

jamespir;5743810

I didn't, but that might be something to do with them not being available to buy back then.

LCD's weigh a lot less so would probably be a better choice.

jamespir;5743722

how old are your kids they dont need a plasma screen spend the money … how old are your kids they dont need a plasma screen spend the money onsomething useful like thyre education

jamespir;5743804

jamespir;5743810

Oh the irony:whistling:

tinkerbell28;5743994

Depends on the size of the room, we have huge bedrooms, but newer build … Depends on the size of the room, we have huge bedrooms, but newer build houses don't tend too.What is it your problem how people spend their money, just becasue you did not have something and can't/don't or won't give something to your kids someone else want's too, it's none of your business:)Yeah definately if your going to wall mount LCD, that's what my eldest has. [COLOR="Red"]Yes he is 6 and he has a wall mounted TV[/COLOR], shoot me:thumbsup:He needed quite a big tv though for other issues as well as having a huge room, lcd was more practical as we could not leave it on a stand.

Same here with my 6-year-old. My 4-year-old has one wall-mounted too, as it frees up room on the top of his furniture for educational things such as books/games ;-)

Original Poster

Thanks for all your advice, going for an lcd tv afterall. lighter and not so big. Boys don't know about their TV just yet, they'll be really pleased. They do tend go out and play sports etc quite a bit and not stuck in their bedroom

tinkerbell28;5744295

Why would you say that, my eldest who is 6 has one in his room, he often … Why would you say that, my eldest who is 6 has one in his room, he often shares with his brother, he is 4, so why is that a parenting fail, just asking.............very sweeping judgement if you ask me.

It really depends Tinks on what ground rules you set. If they are allowed to watch tv whenever and how often they like, you could be setting them up for social and health problems in later life. If its balanced with lots of exercise and other activities and the tv is used in moderation thats a slightly different scenario. Personally I think 6 is too young but it all depends on what else is happening in their lives and if they have a balanced lifestyle.......

dcx_badass;5744558

I think it's [COLOR="Red"]massively irresponsible[/COLOR] as they could … I think it's [COLOR="Red"]massively irresponsible[/COLOR] as they could be watching things that are really not suitable for them.

:w00t: Think that's a bit over the top.

And it's easy to control what my two boys watch; that's what Parental lock on Sky is for :thumbsup:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Electric Bike Advice.33
    2. putting dry clean only through washing machne109
    3. Microsoft Surface Pro - reviews/comments/alternatives!44
    4. amazon echo idiots guide57

See more discussions