Groups

PLASMA vs LCD who wins & why

Which one shall I purchase & why help!!!!! some people have told me Plasma others LCD why?

28 Comments

Lcd...

I think LCD's are generally better

In before the lcd/plasma war....

we havent had one in a few weeks its overdue :w00t:

Plasma...........bit better quality

LCD..........generally longer life.

But not a lot really.............just buy which one you like/is a better deal.

Not this debate again arghhhh

I have both.

[email protected] two ^^^

just remember to take reflections from windows etc into account for plasma,

Banned

plasma always used to be better for larger screens but with the new technology if you have a bit to spend id go with and led/lcd combo

generally if u dont know or dont care then it wont really matter what you get as u will probably get a cheap 42 tv and be happy with it anyway..

but for those that do care the lcd v plasma debate rages on and really these days its not much of an issue ...

CRT

http://images0.cafepress.com/product/40905460v1_350x350_Front.jpg

My Panasonic Viera is over 4 years old now,i don't watch it much these days but i think the picture quality is better on my Samsung LCD,maybe because it's a lot newer.

Do they make plasma monitors

Have you heard about the new lcplasma?

It runs off dirty nappies and Sy has patented it........... :-D

chestnut season?

plasma facts according to some of my customers

the screen is made of gas and you cant touch it with your hands

you can't move them.

they need to be regassed

they need the colour boosting up after 3 years

after 2 years 'they go off'

they burn

they catch fire

they're too heavy.

other common questions I get asked:

if I buy this does it have preview channels?

will I get everything in HD?

has it got HD inbuilt?

whats the difference between LG and plasma?

whats the difference between LSD and plasma?

is it 1080 cos me mate/son/taxi driver/bloke from the pub says they're the best ones

Alfonse;6443018

chestnut season?

DUCK season!!

Just put it in scribblenauts -> resulted in both blowing up

** DRAW **

slackrat77;6444288

plasma facts according to some of my customersthe screen is made of gas … plasma facts according to some of my customersthe screen is made of gas and you cant touch it with your hands

LOL.

definatly plasma for me.

assuming not a troll....what will you be using it for? what is your budget?

slackrat77;6444288

plasma facts according to some of my customersthe screen is made of gas … plasma facts according to some of my customersthe screen is made of gas and you cant touch it with your handsyou can't move them.they need to be regassedthey need the colour boosting up after 3 yearsafter 2 years 'they go off'they burnthey catch firethey're too heavy.other common questions I get asked:if I buy this does it have preview channels?will I get everything in HD?has it got HD inbuilt?whats the difference between LG and plasma?whats the difference between LSD and plasma?is it 1080 cos me mate/son/taxi driver/bloke from the pub says they're the best ones

I laughed.

Banned

Plasma all the way for me.

Had my Panny PX60 for 3 years now. Still as good as when I bought it. Haven't had to re-gas it and doesn't have any screen burn. Perfick.:p

had a bloke who said he needed a 1080p tv on advice from his son cos on normal tv a 720 tv the pixels will look HUGE
    I asked with respect, what his son did for a living.
    he replied "nothing, he's 7"

every day I hear
    "I don't want plasma cos me mate says they're crap"
    "I've heard too many bad things about them"

similar to
    "I don't want Vista, I want XP"
    XP isnt pre-installed on any of the current range of laptops (tho it is on netbooks) we stock and pretty soon, neither will Vista!
    explain that we stopped selling XP a year ago and if they buy a laptop with Vista and can find a copy of XP somewhere, it'll be around £60 and they might find that some components of their computer don't have XP drivers.

still the best one was a lady who marched up to the cash desk and said "I wonder if you gents can help me, I've got a 28 inch Bush", then she burst out laughing and went all red faced, couldnt get another word out. started fanning herself with a bus timetable and then left!

no idea what she wanted!

ClarityofMind;6442828

In before the lcd/plasma war....we havent had one in a few weeks its … In before the lcd/plasma war....we havent had one in a few weeks its overdue :w00t:

too busy with ps3 and 360.

Met-Cast;6444533

too busy with ps3 and 360.

:giggle:

Banned

slackrat77;6444514

still the best one was a lady who marched up to the cash desk and said "I … still the best one was a lady who marched up to the cash desk and said "I wonder if you gents can help me, I've got a 28 inch Bush", then she burst out laughing and went all red faced, couldnt get another word out. started fanning herself with a bus timetable and then left!

HAHAHAHHAHA

Just ask the staff at Currys cause they are experts,,,

like i said if u really dont know and cant be bothered to understand it all then chances are u wont notice any difference between a 500 quid samsung 42" and a sharp 42" costing £1,500 but there are some people in the world that will ...

i really wish i was one of those people that could just get a tv and be happy im still using a 5 year old 720p viewsonic 30" TV waiting for that moment when everything i want in a TV comes to it...
    of course getting bored of waiting for OLED

Plasma TVs produce deeper blacks because they are able to switch off pixels. LCD TVs cannot ever switch off pixels. Blacks are produced by blocking out the backlight. Inevitably light seepage will occur which means you will never receive true blacks. Dynamic contrast for LCD TVs will not compensate. Although it can make whites whiter or blacks blacker, it cannot do both. The technology increases or decreases the backlighting to chnage contrast but if you think about it, this only affects either dark colours or light colours but NOT both.

LCD screens tend to me more power efficient but if you watch films with a lot of dark scenes, then plasma TVs use less power since the pixels are turned off whereas the backlight remains on for LCD TVs.

LCD TVs weigh less than plasma TVs and generally have higher resolution than plasma TVs due to the size of the pixels - plasma requires more space to manufacture the pixels.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What do these 2 men have in common1117
      2. How dangerous is Donald trump?31139
      3. Microsoft Gamescom - Possibly more free games / Project Scorpio55
      4. Help Feed a Homeless Animal for Free1608647

See more discussions