Groups
    EXPIRED

Plasma/LCD TV 38", 40" or 42" - Help Please!

My TV went on the blink last night so I'm looking for a quick replacement.

I'm looking for a 'brand name' , HD ready LCD or Plasma TV for under £550 (ish).

I have no idea what a good spec is (I have only just figured out sky plus!) so any help would be much appriciated - I'm just going round in circles!

Thanks

9 Comments

The panasonic 42" PZ80 is an excellent tv for the money full hd,3 hdmi ports and card slot and can be had for around £750 and if available at john lewis (ask them to pricematch) will come with a 5 year guarantee.

It also compares very well with the pioneer range.

Original Poster

Thanks. That would be perfect, although a little out of my price range due to the unexpected death of my main TV...just before christmas!!
    I'm looking for something for around £550, however this may not be possible. The Tobisha in my bedroom works a treat but just too small.

how about the sony that was on here for £599 with 5 yr warranty

Original Poster

Would love the sony but unfortunaltley don't live near a store and I don't drive!!
    Thank you for the links, they both look ideal. Could you tell me the basic pro's and cons of plasma v's LCD...I have zero idea.
    Thanks guys for all your help!

plasma will always look better on 42" and above.
    so much smoother and natural looking.

cons
    a bit heavier, physically.

i swear by the samsungs mate,my 42 is sweet and the finish on them tv's is second to none

slackrat77;3379809

plasma will always look better on 42" and above.so much smoother and … plasma will always look better on 42" and above.so much smoother and natural looking.consa bit heavier, physically.

not the case,u need the pixels/resolution with the size.no need going to 42 and getting less pixels/resolution and looking like a right NOOB :oops:

Original Poster

Thank you thank you!! After all your help and loads of research tonight I've decided to go with a Samsung LCD 42". The link above is for a 40" LCD, if anybody has seen a good deal on the above I'd be very grateful...and I'll leave you alone!!
    :-D
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. wharf comp - win a michael grant watch - email entry only22
      2. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card11
      3. computer active mag comp - win one of two y-cam protect alarm systems worth…44
      4. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64578

See more discussions