Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Plastering estimate

Posted 21st May
Hi All,

looking for some estimates for plastering in Manchester area if anyone can help please!Details below...

Skim following rooms

- Bedroom 1 (2.8x4m) include ceiling
- Bedroom 2 (2.9x2.6m) include ceiling
- Bedroom 3 (2.9x2.6m) include ceiling
- downstairs w/c (3.6x1m) include ceiling
- stairs and landing (exact measurements unknown, average cost?)

Thanks!
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

18 Comments
I paid £1200 for something very similar - labour + mat
WetszFR21/05/2020 22:04

I paid £1200 for something very similar - labour + mat

In Manchester area? Are you happy with it? If it is in Manchester could you PM me details please?
You may struggle to get the materials. British Gypsum shut down their manufacturing plants and although they are now open again, they are slow to catch up and meet demand. Multi finish plaster has been selling for upto £50 per bag on eBay etc. Good luck!
Joe231921/05/2020 22:06

In Manchester area? Are you happy with it? If it is in Manchester could …In Manchester area? Are you happy with it? If it is in Manchester could you PM me details please?

Sorry mate, other side of the country, can’t help you there- just a rough guide of what to expect.

Hope it helps
Wait till mid june

You won't get materials it's like toilet rolls.

It's very expensive on ebay etc, normally £7 but on ebay etc over £40

I'm trying to find it myself but need to wait.
Thanks for all of the advice. It probably won’t be until June/July anyway but just wanted an estimate for what it normally is so I know how much to budget, it’s a house I’ve just purchased
Probably around £1300-£1500 labour and materials.
The plaster I used charged £140 per day + materials which he kept all receipts for. And he managed to do 2 rooms including ceilings in 1 day. I'm in West Yorkshire so should be similar pricing for you
Edited by: "MonkeyMan90" 21st May
MonkeyMan9021/05/2020 22:40

The plaster I used charged £140 per day + materials which he kept all …The plaster I used charged £140 per day + materials which he kept all receipts for. And he managed to do 2 rooms including ceilings in 1 day. I'm in West Yorkshire so should be similar pricing for you

Wow that’s fast
Misslovely21/05/2020 22:54

Wow that’s fast

He just turned up and cracked on with it. He is a friend so stayed until around 8pm instead of coming back a 2nd day
MonkeyMan9021/05/2020 22:54

He just turned up and cracked on with it. He is a friend so stayed until …He just turned up and cracked on with it. He is a friend so stayed until around 8pm instead of coming back a 2nd day

Oh so that’s why
Otherwise if it was someone else doing that would have took 2 days work. But I’m not sure what they day rate is these days so depends
Misslovely21/05/2020 22:56

Oh so that’s why Otherwise if it was someone else doing that would h …Oh so that’s why Otherwise if it was someone else doing that would have took 2 days work. But I’m not sure what they day rate is these days so depends

The day rate was the same as he would charge anybody else because he is good at what he does. I would also do a day rate with a plasterer I trust because some people out there will just dordle to make it last longer
High temperatures. Long sunny days. expensive materials. Long lead time for a GOOD plasterer.
£200pd cash inc materials. Average 1.5 days per room. Guesstimate site unseen.
Try kings plastering bolton for a quote. We use him & hes good & reasonably priced
I paid 3k all in for a full 3 bed with extension including all repair work before plastering like boarding ect

Duno if that’s good or bad haha

Was a renovation so walls where really bad as I ripped everything out
Edited by: "ashmac" 21st May
Fairly similar to above, I had large 2 bed ex council house skimmed. All walls and ceilings and a new ceiling in the front bedroom 5m x 3.2m and it was £2800 in North London.
Thanks everyone for the responses. The figures provided are in line with what I have budgeted for
I had 4 ceilings done and a wall, similarish size rooms, paid £350 and two of them did it in a day.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions