Plastering round light switches - advice needed

Posted 25th Oct 2018
Comments on how my plasterer has done plastering round this light switch?

3090962.jpg

Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
I don’t think there’s much to say really. It appears he’s done it whilst an angry ferret has been clawing at his genitals
craigstephens14 m ago

There's no way that switch was unscrewed properly when he plastered. It's …There's no way that switch was unscrewed properly when he plastered. It's been plastered over partly. Plasterers aren't Sparky's. They won't move sockets etc if they haven't been shifted for them and to be honest, why should they.

There is why people have a distrust of trades.
Yes electrics aren’t their job. What they should do is inform the client ahead of time what prep is required before they can do their job.
Carpet fitters won’t move furniture, they may offer for a price.
Decorators will cut round sockets but won’t move furniture. They should advise.

Obviously this looks like a shoddy job, that could be avoided. The customer isn’t the expert in what should and shouldn’t be done. That’s why they get an experienced person into do a job.
15 Comments
I don’t think there’s much to say really. It appears he’s done it whilst an angry ferret has been clawing at his genitals
do you have their number? i need some plastering doing...
Why didn’t you unscrew the switches and sockets before the plasterer came? You would have had a much better finish.
It was unscrewed- I’ll tell the muppets to do it again
How deep was the skim and how far was the wall out to start with ?
AdamWalkerGX748 m ago

Lol sorry but that just funny also it just doesn't need unscrewing it needs to be taken off completely, don't forget to turn the electricity off first
AdamWalkerGX725/10/2018 07:36

There's no way that switch was unscrewed properly when he plastered. It's been plastered over partly. Plasterers aren't Sparky's. They won't move sockets etc if they haven't been shifted for them and to be honest, why should they.
craigstephens14 m ago

There's no way that switch was unscrewed properly when he plastered. It's …There's no way that switch was unscrewed properly when he plastered. It's been plastered over partly. Plasterers aren't Sparky's. They won't move sockets etc if they haven't been shifted for them and to be honest, why should they.

There is why people have a distrust of trades.
Yes electrics aren’t their job. What they should do is inform the client ahead of time what prep is required before they can do their job.
Carpet fitters won’t move furniture, they may offer for a price.
Decorators will cut round sockets but won’t move furniture. They should advise.

Obviously this looks like a shoddy job, that could be avoided. The customer isn’t the expert in what should and shouldn’t be done. That’s why they get an experienced person into do a job.
Looks like rough cast
Cakeboy7925/10/2018 06:17

I don’t think there’s much to say really. It appears he’s done it whilst an …I don’t think there’s much to say really. It appears he’s done it whilst an angry ferret has been clawing at his genitals

lol its moments like these which make the comments section worth reading. very good Cakeboy.
My condolences for your light switch and your wall. I would recommend you check the wall is reasonably flat. Light switches and sockets in most cases should be completely off the wall when plastering.
craigstephens1 h, 30 m ago

True but any decent plasterer would have said that they need removing first, it's a bodge job by a cowboy I would sack them pay what I owe and get a decent one in god knows what other things they have done !!
I remove completely although some are packed with wires so a wrap up in cling film and tape up as the water will cause metal to tarnish. I would often asked for them to be removed but half customers don't sort out plus no light is a problem. Electricity and water don't mix though.
Edited by: "wayners" 25th Oct 2018
deleted1471098
jcrider5 h, 32 m ago

lol its moments like these which make the comments section worth reading. …lol its moments like these which make the comments section worth reading. very good Cakeboy.

If the switch was undone perhaps it was the electrical wires on his ......that made him do this!
Terrible job should of removed the switch taped up the wires yourself or electrician before work started.

It's not the plasterers job to do it.
Edited by: "ssc1" 26th Oct 2018
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants