Plastic free packaging now free at Amazon!

Posted 7th Feb
If you shop on Amazon and you would like to get it in plastic-free packaging, here is what you can do-
-Open your Amazon account
-Go to 'help/customer service'
-Go to the 'contact us'
-Use their 'chat' option
-On chat, request to make all future orders plastic-free with minimal packaging and where absolutely necessary use only degradable packaging materials like paper.
-This information will be saved to your account for all future orders!

It will take you 5 minutes on the chat to make all your future Amazon orders plastic free! You might sometimes get a customer care person who is unaware of this option. Try to escalate the issue or restart chat with a different person. Mine was escalated to a phone call. But the customer rep on the phone was able to make this change on my account. There is still a possibility that they will ship a few items in plastic packaging. But it is a great way to make them hear what consumers want.

BIG SHOUT OUT to @Preethi Krishnamoorthy who had initiated this idea. I have reached out to her to thank her for this tip that is being appreciated by so many!
#plasticfreepackaging#amazonshippingplasticfree

small steps

This deal ends at the end of this month
Community Updates

Groups

5 Comments
was always free*

Just didn't know about it!
I’ve been getting them without requesting it, hopefully they will continue and if recyclable bags and cardboard, it can only be a good thing
Why have they introduced the white plastic envelopes anyway as cardboard envelopes were perfect
Misslovely07/02/2020 16:14

Why have they introduced the white plastic envelopes anyway as cardboard …Why have they introduced the white plastic envelopes anyway as cardboard envelopes were perfect

Probably cheaper?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants