Expired

Plastic playhouse - buying a cover for it?

Found 22nd Jun 2013
Hi all.

I bought the Little Tikes playhouse a few months back which was on offer from Asda Direct, but haven't yet put it together because of the weather.

Seeing as it doesn't look like we are going to have a nice long spell of good weather this year, I thought I'd just put it together and stick it in the garden so I can get the huge box out of my passage - but I was surprised that i can't find a protective cover for it.

I thought a cover would help stop the colour fading over time but was wondering if anyone who has a playhouse can advise if I need a cover for it? I know if it gets dirty I can just hose it down but that's not really practical if its going to be used every few days, what does everyone else do?

Thanks x
Community Updates
AskPlayhouse
14 Comments
How about a big tarpaulin?
A Gazebo maybe?
A bigger playhouse to put the playhouse in so your kids can play while they play.
It's not worth bothering about imo. it's a plastic playhouse. If it gets dirty, like you say, you can wash and hose it down.
Banned
I'd concentrate on getting the huge box out of your passage
unquestioned

A bigger playhouse to put the playhouse in so your kids can play while … A bigger playhouse to put the playhouse in so your kids can play while they play.

http://cdn.meme.li/instances/300x300/39018414.jpg
I found our LT stuff is fine through rain snow etc, but strong sun causes mild fading. If you do want to cover it how about a extra large garden table cover.
I had a Little Tikes garden slide/climb toy for my children ages back, had it a few years, never really found the weather damaged it and it didn't really fade with sun either. I don't really think people bother buying covers for their garden toys. I see loads of front gardens with play houses and other plastic garden toys in and they there all year round.
weather will be nice from Tuesday onwards hitting 24 c buy wknd

so looks like you will be using it
Original Poster
Thanks everyone - as usual some helpful answers among the 'jokes'
Funnily enough I looked this morning and nice weather expected all week...

Haven't posted in misc for a while but I see the 'likes' have gone, dunno what this arrows business is!
Edited by: "Mrs.Z" 23rd Jun 2013
Original Poster
dcx_badass

You've still not posted in misc, this is in ask (the only section without … You've still not posted in misc, this is in ask (the only section without likes).

Oh! I didn't even know there was an 'ask' section, I must have posted in 'misc' and the mods moved it...
It would be helpful to have a cover , after a downpour the inside of the playhouse gets damp, and if the following day its sunny the inside is still damp. Like the first writer I'm still looking.
Went on google to see if I could buy a cover for the exact same thing, to stop fading. Did you have any luck finding one. I am in Australia so the hot sun will definatley fade it.
Original Poster
cfasullo

Went on google to see if I could buy a cover for the exact same thing, to … Went on google to see if I could buy a cover for the exact same thing, to stop fading. Did you have any luck finding one. I am in Australia so the hot sun will definatley fade it.

No unfortunately I didn't, I guess you could use a flat sheet plastic and secure it around the bottom
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants