Groups
    EXPIRED

Plastic Shed/Storage

Hi guys,

I posted a similar wanted ad a few months back, but I still have had no joy in finding what I want - although I do know sizes etc now

I'm after a 8ft x 4ft plastic shed. I'm keeping a motorbike in it (7ft long from wheel to wheel), so it needs to be 8ft long & 4ft wide.

Been everywhere this weekend trying to find one without any joy.

Need it to have a base (plastic if possible), and no more than £400 !

Something on the lines of this (but obviously longer)

argos.co.uk/wcs…jpg

14 Comments

Original Poster

Bigger Pic

http://www.argos.co.uk/wcsstore/argos/images/7052398SPA65UC260663M.jpg

I've heard that you can buy an extender for the above (middle section) - but dont know where from ??

Argos has sold out of these as well (no stock & cant order in)

Costco sold the 8x8 version of the Keter shed for £400. I've got one in my back garden. They now sell a 11 x 8 version for £500 ish.

Original Poster

Can't be more than 4ft wide though, it's got to fit in a specific space in the garden !!

Do Costco do smaller version ?

Thanks

Original Poster

Running out of ideas now....

Tried:

B&Q
    Taskers
    Homebase
    Makro
    Local shed company
    Argos

You wouldn't have thought it would be this hard would you lol

Any ideas appreciated !!

]http//ww…te-
    1.22 x 2.39m (4' x 7'10") - inc. foundation kit (£349.00)

Any good?

Kim

Original Poster

Hi Kim,

Had my eye on that one, but the door is only 2/3 of the shed (the other 1/3 is a fixed panel) - so I doubt I'll be able to drive in/out easily on the bike !!

Rep left though - thanks

Edit - Ohh - I've given you another green block

Hi Chris,
    there are a couple of the Keter 6x4 sheds for sale on ebay but these aren't likely to be long enough and they are pick up only.

I'm presuming you're after a plastic shed for ease of maintenance/assembly? Have you thought about building your own wooden shed? A lot more work but then you could tailor it to precisely what you want. You could probably build one for well under £150....

Original Poster

Yea mate - bike is 7ft from front to back, so I need an 8ft long shed.

Just wanted plastic for as it would be more secure and I wont have to maintain it. If I cant get one, I'll have to opt for a wooden one

Why Dont You Ring A Local Metal Fabricator And Ask How Much It Would Cost To Build You A Metal One That He Can Deliver And You Bolt Together Then Just Spray Paint Or Ring A Local Upvc Window Company And Ask Them If They Can Make You One Out Of Upvc Window Materials

Original Poster

That would be far too much effort lol. I mustn't be the only person in the world who wants a 8 x 4 foot shed !!

Think About It Upvc Window Companies Make Everything To Order Porches/windows/etc Nothing Is The Same Size From House To House So It Could Be A Good Alternative Might We Worth A Few Phone Calls And Might Work Out Cheaper Than You Think And They Would Build It For You And It Could End Up Lasting A Lifetime

ChrisUK

Edit - Ohh - I've given you another green block

thank you!!!.....weeeeeeeeeee....:thumbsup:

Have seen this site not sure if any good - ]http//ww…l/1

If it is remember Quidco for 3% cashback also.

im after a shed too i think il have to look around or build onE!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Help O2 wont repair my sony experia xz78
      2. Chinese Tablets36
      3. MacBook Air 11.6 MD712 Good Deal?35
      4. I want some backless loafers for men78

See more discussions