Groups
    EXPIRED

plastic taste from new kettle

how to get rid of the above please

has been boiled a few times, still taste it

thank you

17 Comments

No idea,usually boiling it a few times would sort it.

Original Poster

Mum2Connor&Cerys;7804035

No idea,usually boiling it a few times would sort it.

hmmm i will keep trying then :thumbsup:

loupomm;7804045

hmmm i will keep trying then :thumbsup:

Return it and get another kettle if you still not happy.

a soak with Bicarbonate of Soda often gets rid of these tastes, if you have some in the cupboard give it a try...

Original Poster

Mum2Connor&Cerys;7804064

Return it and get another kettle if you still not happy.

its the second one ive got in a few days, first one was faulty :roll: i only got it this morning, maybe ive not given it a chance yet, will boil a few more times first :oops:

Daft question, but is it your water? We get this unless we run the tap for a couple of seconds before filling.

Original Poster

mosskeeto;7804072

a soak with Bicarbonate of Soda often gets rid of these tastes, if you … a soak with Bicarbonate of Soda often gets rid of these tastes, if you have some in the cupboard give it a try...

thanks will try this if no luck from boiling alone
    Trickyjabs;7804099

Daft question, but is it your water? We get this unless we run the tap … Daft question, but is it your water? We get this unless we run the tap for a couple of seconds before filling.

never had it with my old kettle - or the previous faulty one (when it worked lol)

boil it with the tea bags in the kettle

mosskeeto;7804072

a soak with Bicarbonate of Soda ..

Alfonse;7804209

Both of above.
    Also wash with washing up liquid and rinse well to get rid of all suds.
    Also if you use a water filter (Brita type) your tea will taste better

Original Poster

Alfonse;7804209

serious? :oops:

loupomm;7804585

serious? :oops:

always

if it hasnt gone after a few more boils leave salty water in there for a few days :thumbsup:
    get a metal one next time

Squeeze a drop of lemon in it, then add water, bring to boil, rinse out.

I know it's not the same situation, but I've found in the past with plastic kettles that the water in them will take on a plasticky taste if it's left in the kettle overnight, so always a good idea to empty it out once you've had your cocoa and are off up the wooden hill :-D

Original Poster

loving the ideas guys! - will try them all, surely a mix of bi soda, tea,washing up liquid, salt n lemon juice should do it :lol:

grumps - i'll remember that tip too

loupomm;7805010

surely a mix of bi soda, tea,washing up liquid, salt n lemon juice … surely a mix of bi soda, tea,washing up liquid, salt n lemon juice should do it :lol

Sounds like the formula for Mr Muscle Drain unblocker!!!!..........don't drink any by mistake or else you'll unblock your own drain good n proper LOL :-D

Original Poster

MrGrumpyman;7805265

Sounds like the formula for Mr Muscle Drain unblocker!!!!..........don't … Sounds like the formula for Mr Muscle Drain unblocker!!!!..........don't drink any by mistake or else you'll unblock your own drain good n proper LOL :-D

Ewwww :w00t:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17826348
      2. Royal Mil track and trace77
      3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread423814465
      4. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!553766

See more discussions