PLAY-ASIA Import Duty

Found 14th Nov 2011
I will be shortly placing an order with play-asia a value of £61 exc $19 fedex courier delivery cost, if anyone has experience of playasia can they tell me what the likely import duty cost will be?
Community Updates
MiscCall Of DutyPlay Asia
11 Comments
Banned
£0 if you're lucky, about £20 if you're not.
Original Poster
Ok could live with £20 on top,i just hope its no more as i know royal mail have an extra admin charge on top so i'm guessing the private couriers may also have some sort of seperate admin charge as well

WTP item is a PS3 game FF X111 2
Edited by: "Bully" 14th Nov 2011
Original Poster
whatsThePoint

the duty rate is 3.5% on games plus the vat on top

Is that just on game price or total price including postage?
Banned
Bully

Is that just on game price or total price including postage?

game price

plus about £12 royal mail collection fee so look at about £30 extra charges on a £61 item price (plus the fedex fee so your £61 item now becomes about a £100 purchase)
Edited by: "csiman" 14th Nov 2011
csiman

game priceplus about £12 royal mail collection fee so look at about £30 e … game priceplus about £12 royal mail collection fee so look at about £30 extra charges on a £61 item price (plus the fedex fee so your £61 item now becomes about a £100 purchase)

I Might be wrong here and chances are I probably will be, but surely there wouldn't be a RM fee and a Fedex fee??
Original Poster
spikeyjacko

I Might be wrong here and chances are I probably will be, but surely … I Might be wrong here and chances are I probably will be, but surely there wouldn't be a RM fee and a Fedex fee??

Yeah i would be surprised if royal mail tried to charge as they won't be delivering it

Banned
Bully

Yeah i would be surprised if royal mail tried to charge as they won't be … Yeah i would be surprised if royal mail tried to charge as they won't be delivering it

then fedex will charge the collection fee on behalf of HMRC
^you could if they allow it choose to pay the custom charge upfront to allow the parcel into mount pleasant (I think you have to be a customer of ups/FedEx/DHL etc to be able to do this)

Most just take the gamble. I've had the charges on everything so far. [edit] When I say everything I mean from anywhere outside the EU where I have bought goods.
Edited by: "dontasciime" 14th Nov 2011
Banned
Pointless thread. Mods please delete this.
Original Poster
Got my invoice for the duty today @ £21 but as fedex delivered the item a day late due to a lazy driver they have agreed to pay this for me so good result in end.
Bully

Got my invoice for the duty today @ £21 but as fedex delivered the item a … Got my invoice for the duty today @ £21 but as fedex delivered the item a day late due to a lazy driver they have agreed to pay this for me so good result in end.

what is the delivery time? is it 1 to 3 days as promised?
thnx
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions