Expired

Play Ps4 in another room

Found 7th Jun 2014
Hi,
I recently bought a ps4 and play it in my living room, sometimes my family want to watch tv in there so I can't play.
I don't want to keep moving the console to the next room every time I want to play, so I was wondering whether it would be better to get a longer HDMI cable and send that to the next room TV. It's about 7-8 metres away from the ps4 or do it wirelessly?
Want to know people's opinion on this
Will I lose quality over a longer HDMI cable?
Thanks
Community Updates
AskPS4
17 Comments
Wouldn't worry about losing quality, there aren't many nice looking games at 1080p 60fps on either next gen. consoles.

Apart from moving it, a large Hdmi is the answer mush.
A long(er) HDMI cable, or a PlayStation Vita... you can then watch TV & play your PS4 games (via Remote Play) at the same time & within the same room if you wish.
Thank you for the replies, i was about to get a vita, but will wait till Christmas for a good bundle deal. I'll try a 10m HDMI then, think that should be long enough
KillFelix

10m HDMI cable should do it. … 10m HDMI cable should do it. http://www.amazon.co.uk/CSL-Ethernet-Network-capable-Standard/dp/B00DYQMED8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1402170068&sr=8-1

Thank you for the link
Yep long hdmi cable. I'm guessing your house doesn't have network points in otherwise you could hdmi over Ethernet.
forest2002

Yep long hdmi cable. I'm guessing your house doesn't have network points … Yep long hdmi cable. I'm guessing your house doesn't have network points in otherwise you could hdmi over Ethernet.

Yeah I don't have any, and I think I need a faster connection and also gigabit and cat6. Which I don't have
At the moment
Did someone delete my answer? I posted first, about using a splitter alongside the hdmi so you can play it on either tv. I do the same with my ps3. Bit weird they deleted that.
AndrewRoss

Did someone delete my answer? I posted first, about using a splitter … Did someone delete my answer? I posted first, about using a splitter alongside the hdmi so you can play it on either tv. I do the same with my ps3. Bit weird they deleted that.

sometimes my posts go into past threads I've posted on fit some reason...maybe happened here?
Hdmi over Ethernet is a nice idea but as far as I'm aware it is VERY expensive.

The normal homeplugs do not support hdmi over Ethernet.
Or u mean network plugs actually in the walls which would be perfect...hmm I could do with that.
Have you considered getting yourself a ps vita?

even second hand, that with remote play works wonders
Apogee00

sometimes my posts go into past threads I've posted on fit some … sometimes my posts go into past threads I've posted on fit some reason...maybe happened here?

Maybe the original post was spammed or something, weird anyway. As I said though I bought a HDMI splitter (£20-25 on amazon) - it has 1 input 2 outputs, and mirrors everything on both tv's. I have my xbox, ps3, tivo and blu ray player plugged into a HDMI switch (4 inputs, 1 output) first so anything I have playing on the first tv plays on the second tv. I've never had any issues, it used to be tv 1 was samsung and tv 2 was LG so switching on the second tv made the screen go blank for a second whilst it configured itself but now they are both samsung that never happens, probably one of the best things I've ever bought.
Get a vita tv it will solve ur problem. Currently its in japan only but if u get it imported it will work no problems. Youtube it if you dont know what it is.
londoncityy

Have you considered getting yourself a ps vita?even second hand, that … Have you considered getting yourself a ps vita?even second hand, that with remote play works wonders

killainc

Get a vita tv it will solve ur problem. Currently its in japan only but … Get a vita tv it will solve ur problem. Currently its in japan only but if u get it imported it will work no problems. Youtube it if you dont know what it is.

See hotukdeals.com/tag…325 & hotukdeals.com/tag…360.
A vita tv is different from a psvita. Google is your friend bro.
killainc

A vita tv is different from a psvita. Google is your friend bro.

Yes, I know "brah".

As you are relatively new here, for your information:

[ hotukdeals.com/mis…582 ]
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions