Groups

Play store on android box

Hi there, got an android box attached to my TV. I was trying to install Amazon Prime as I have an account. But I cannot find the Play Store icon. How do i install the Play Store app, can I download it on a stick and then upload onto my android box, or is there an easier way of doing it, TIA
    JC

10 Comments

You have to find it first, stupidly, Google dont have the Play Store app ON the Playstore, so you cannot use another device to go download it for you.

I forget where I found mine when my then new phone didnt have it, search google and hope the link you pick is not a hacked version.

not all android boxed have the play store, some have 3rd party stores.

you can download amazon appstore from here and get prime video etc through it.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/mas/get/amazonapp

if you link to the box you bought, im sure someone can tell you if it has play store installed and where to find it.

but if play store is installed, if you go to settings > apps then it will show all the installed apps there, both downloaded and system apps and there should be a place to open it from there.

Has it got ANY Google stuff on it? If not, then it might need more than just Play store added.
    Try the "all apps" icon - usually 2 rows of 3 dots.

Original Poster

eset12345

not all android boxed have the play store, some have 3rd party stores.you … not all android boxed have the play store, some have 3rd party stores.you can download amazon appstore from here and get prime video etc through it.https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/mas/get/amazonappif you link to the box you bought, im sure someone can tell you if it has play store installed and where to find it.but if play store is installed, if you go to settings > apps then it will show all the installed apps there, both downloaded and system apps and there should be a place to open it from there.

This was the box i bought from Amazon a while back
    SEGURO® MXQ Pro Amlogic S905 Quad Core ARM Cortex A53 CPU @2.0 GHz Android TV Box XBMC Kodi Full Loaded Media Player Android 5.1 Ki
    Thanks,

Original Poster

matth9999

Has it got ANY Google stuff on it? If not, then it might need more than … Has it got ANY Google stuff on it? If not, then it might need more than just Play store added.Try the "all apps" icon - usually 2 rows of 3 dots.

I think it has a google icon, i will take a picture and post it on here,
    Thanks

What I usually do is stick an old copy I have on a usb plug into box then install.
    This then forces an update to the latest version.

jeannot18

This was the box i bought from Amazon a while backSEGURO® MXQ Pro Amlogic … This was the box i bought from Amazon a while backSEGURO® MXQ Pro Amlogic S905 Quad Core ARM Cortex A53 CPU @2.0 GHz Android TV Box XBMC Kodi Full Loaded Media Player Android 5.1 Ki Thanks,

very similar to the ones I sell, and has the same launcher / interface

it should have play store on it, most of that style of box has it.

when you turn it on, the playstore icon should be in the smaller tiles that run along the botton of the screen, its a small white shopping bag with coloured triangle on it, if its not there then click on the tile that has a large + and you should be able to scroll through all the installed apps, find the play icon and tick the rick box so it goes green, and then press the back button on the remote.

failing that it should be within the larger 'My Apps' tile in about the middle of the screen
    Edited by: "eset12345" 8th Dec 2016

jeannot18

This was the box i bought from Amazon a while backSEGURO® MXQ Pro Amlogic … This was the box i bought from Amazon a while backSEGURO® MXQ Pro Amlogic S905 Quad Core ARM Cortex A53 CPU @2.0 GHz Android TV Box XBMC Kodi Full Loaded Media Player Android 5.1 Ki Thanks,

https://s18.postimg.org/uihcb3pmh/play.png

Original Poster

Thanks guys, i managed to get google play going, i had to update the Google Icon. It's not very intuitive, and a real pain to navigate through with the remote control. I have an android keyboard somewhere and i will have to charge it and use it.
    I will try to install the Amazon apk file using a usb stick, is this the best way to do it? I think i will have to install File Explorer on the android box too. Or do you use an APK installer for it? Thanks
    eset12345, that's what my screen looks like more or less, but it does not have the Play Store icon,

Original Poster

All sorted now, i can't say that it was easy, thus i am not that technical. I was watching one of the Prime film, and there was a bit of lagging (i am not using wifi, but an Ethernet cable) and usually the speed is pretty good.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. One for the mathmeticians1524
      2. Whoops SNP...Grenfell style cladding all over Glasgow1025
      3. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)64490
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767420

See more discussions