Found 21st Aug 2009
Hi.
Does anyone know if Play.com charges fees for selling on PlayTrade and if so how much roughly? Couldn't find it on the site.

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
9 Comments

Yeah they do charge fees cant remember how it worked out. My last sale was in Dec 08 and the fees broke down like this

SALE PRICE £10.00

FEES −£1.00

FEES -£0.50

PROCEEDS £8.50

playtrade isnt bad, i'd personally list it here, more likely to get what you're looking.

cbryanp;6075894

Yeah they do charge fees cant remember how it worked out. My last sale … Yeah they do charge fees cant remember how it worked out. My last sale was in Dec 08 and the fees broke down like thisSALE PRICE £10.00FEES −£1.00FEES -£0.50PROCEEDS £8.50

It's 10% of the sale price
Minus 50p listing fee,

= Total Credit.

Also to withdraw to bank, you have to knock off 5%

So if you sell at 10.00 your proceeds are £8.50

But you'll actually recieve £8.08 in cash

Banned

Its 50p final fee regardless of the cost then an extra 10 percent once the item has sold (can be listed for 90 days). No fees are incurred if the item does not sell.

Then another 5% ( I think!?) to withdraw money out of play.

It also takes a massive 10 working days to transfer the money into a bank account.

If you are yet to open an account it also takes an initial 10 days to register a bank account so from the day you register it takes a minimum of 20 working days (4 weeks) to get any cash from the sales but you can spend it on play.com instantly.

Banned

jasonodell;6076145

It's 10% of the sale priceMinus 50p listing fee, = Total Credit.Also to … It's 10% of the sale priceMinus 50p listing fee, = Total Credit.Also to withdraw to bank, you have to knock off 5%So if you sell at 10.00 your proceeds are £8.50But you'll actually recieve £8.08 in cash

then your costs on top...wouldnt use it myself, better off on here tbh

ODB_69;6076838

then your costs on top...wouldnt use it myself, better off on here tbh

Depends what it is that you're selling though, as when you sell on here people are clued up on how much you can buy things for elsewhere, so always want you to beat that price. On playtrade though, all you really need to do is be lower than the next cheapest listing on there :thumbsup:

For example, I sold a 2nd hand DS Lite on there for £80 (£68 I think after postage) where as I couldn't sell it on here for £50.

Banned

midlandscomics;6076900

Depends what it is that you're selling though, as when you sell on here … Depends what it is that you're selling though, as when you sell on here people are clued up on how much you can buy things for elsewhere, so always want you to beat that price. On playtrade though, all you really need to do is be lower than the next cheapest listing on there :thumbsup:For example, I sold a 2nd hand DS Lite on there for £80 (£68 I think after postage) where as I couldn't sell it on here for £50.

mmm true, but I was assuming it was a DVD or Game tbh

Original Poster

i would sell here, but i have around 20 of them, and you cant sell more than 2 here or something. i thought of amazon marketplace, but that seems to be even more of a bother, though again i dont know their fees. really i was looking for an alternative to ebay, as their buy it know fees are ridiculous, but actually are much the same as playtrade. thanks, rep given
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. The never ending counting with pictures thread !4604822
    2. Add one, leave one game54415451
    3. word association Game74244928
    4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread428114654

See more discussions