Play xbox 360/PS4/Wii U From Xbox one s

Found 27th Jun 2017
By simply connecting one end of an HDMI cord to the Xbox 360 and the other end to the Xbox One’s HDMI input port, you can play 360 games from the Xbox One.

So, when you say “Xbox, Watch TV,” it will take you into the Xbox 360 console rather than a TV feed. This actually works for any HDMI-compliant device (PS4, Wii U)

You can also pin watch TV icon for easy access.

Community Updates
Top comments
This pro tip has been brought to you by 2013...

16 Comments
This pro tip has been brought to you by 2013...

And ultimately why bother? Unless your TV is short of HDMI ports, you're inducing input lag for no benefit. You also need to use the original controller, plus need Kinect if you want to switch to the TV.
what's the point the majority of xbox 360 are now backward compatible
TheKentishMan

I think it's all of them
Original Poster
TheKentishMan56 m ago

No They are not.. none of the kinect games are and bc list is pretty limited.
Edited by: "Decorativejunk" 27th Jun 2017
Original Poster
Mikey_b55 m ago

And ultimately why bother? Unless your TV is short of HDMI ports, you're …And ultimately why bother? Unless your TV is short of HDMI ports, you're inducing input lag for no benefit. You also need to use the original controller, plus need Kinect if you want to switch to the TV.

Yes my TV was short of HDMI port... no you don't need kinect . you pin tv shortcut on the home screen.
Original Poster
This is called information sharing .. lot of people like myself would have bought xbox one s in recent deals. and would like to use their old collection with ease of use. this post is for them
Decorativejunk

Yes my TV was short of HDMI port... no you don't need kinect . you pin … Yes my TV was short of HDMI port... no you don't need kinect . you pin tv shortcut on the home screen.

​"xbox, watch TV" requires Kinect
Wasn't there some sort of issue running the PS4 through the Xbox one?
Another pro tip.
Get kodi on xbox one by attaching a firestick to hdmi port.
And
Running out of space? Just use an external hdd.
Banned
Mikey_b

"xbox, watch TV" requires Kinect

Technically "Hey cortana, watch tv" can be done using a mic from a headset, so no need for Kinect.

But it's still ball ache
Nice energy efficiency
Decorativejunk12 h, 46 m ago

Yes my TV was short of HDMI port... no you don't need kinect . you pin tv …Yes my TV was short of HDMI port... no you don't need kinect . you pin tv shortcut on the home screen.

Just as easy and less electricity to just unplug the hdmi from the xone and put it into the 360

Seems pointless to do it the way you suggest
lifeofbrian1

Yes, the Xbox flashed up an error message "inferior hardware detected" and blew up! (.... firework lit, standing back to watch the show! :))
Edited by: "frakison" 28th Jun 2017
lifeofbrian1

?no
I have just checked kedgeree, the issue isn't whether you get a picture, the issue is the lag, making it far from desirable.
google.co.uk/amp…amp
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants