Groups

Playback Trouble + Quick Rep

Hey, i have download a short clip of video which is only 30 seconds in length and is in the DVIX format. The trouble is i cant get any sound to play while using VLC player. I have tried reading a couple of guides but they have left me more confused.

Does anyone know what i should do please?

6 Comments

volume turned up? srs

download gspot and load the clip into it, this will tell you which sound codec you need to d/l to get the sound

Original Poster

wolf359;8674819

download gspot and load the clip into it, this will tell you which sound … download gspot and load the clip into it, this will tell you which sound codec you need to d/l to get the sound

Thanks i have just downloaded it and ran it but it said that i had all of the codacs

If you'd like to give me a link I'd be happy to take a look at the file for you.

Try reencoding the clip using autogk (freeware). Edit the audio settings to your choice, ie 256 CBR, and see if that works.

I have had probs with vids before and gspot chucked up that i had the correct codecs but still no joy. Bung them through autogk and they play fine.

mum2b;8674957

Thanks i have just downloaded it and ran it but it said that i had all of … Thanks i have just downloaded it and ran it but it said that i had all of the codacs

if it says you have the codec but still no sound then it suggests either a fault with the clip or more likely the codec is crrupted. try reinstalling the codec
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2472
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767386
      3. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force1521
      4. What's up with people creating accounts just to ask for UNiDAYS codes?44

See more discussions