Found 14th May 2008
Going abroad on saturday, so I purchased two 4gb sdhc cards for my Samsung S630 (sdhc compatible) got them through the post this morning when I put one of them in my camera, my camera said it could make 29 minutes worth of video (same as my sandisk 2gb) so I try to make a video on a lower res. to see what it'd look like, now my vostro 1000 is not picking up these cards, either of them. Again my sandisk works fine.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Thanks - Zak.

10 Comments

Did you format them in your computer?

if his computer doesnt recognise then how is he going to format them? does your vostro have a card slot capable of reading SDHC cards, you might need to get a new card reader

Original Poster

Like guerilla said, theres no way of formatting them. I'm not sure if my Vostro reader is sdhc compatible. Even if it isnt, the problem I'm having is it's telling me it'll record for half the time that it supposed to.

If you have the package with the USB card reader your computer will read it... and btw, your Vostro should be ok with SDHC anyway. My 1500 was

Maximum of 29 minutes video per video perhaps? Have you tried recording a few minutes and check how much you can on the next - easy to see if it's being 'used' up...

[email protected];2096020

Maximum of 29 minutes video per video perhaps? Have you tried recording a … Maximum of 29 minutes video per video perhaps? Have you tried recording a few minutes and check how much you can on the next - easy to see if it's being 'used' up...

Good thinking!

Original Poster

http://images.play.com/covers/3342833x.jpghttp://cdn.overstock.com/images/products/etilize/images/300/1010564961.jpg

Liddle ol' me;2096024

Good thinking!

agreed

Original Poster

vixygwim;2096019

It's capable but Windows might not be playing ball.When I first received … It's capable but Windows might not be playing ball.When I first received the Play 4GB card my Inspiron 1501 wouldn't even notice that it was inserted. A quick look around and it looked as though MS released a patch for cards "over" 4GB.. so I thought what the hell I'll give it a go... sure enough after that Windows could see the card.Inspiron 1501 = Vostro 1000

Would you be able to give me a link to this patch please?

Zak.

Yay! I love it when I'm right - too long in technical support!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Win Google Pixel 2 or a Google Pixel 2 XL11
    2. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition69774
    3. Win a villa holiday for two in Portugal with Four Seasons Fairways @ Sunday…66
    4. Win two star gazing festival tickets in the north pennines54

See more discussions