Found 14th Mar 2008
Anyone going ? also if you do go on the Saturday can you report back and say what it's like. I'm going Sunday morning.

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
16 Comments

Going tomorrow, will try and leave some feed back but won't be staying at my house this weekend.

Original Poster

anyone go 2day then ?

I thought it was next week and was planning to go

Original Poster

If they hold one next year, don't bother. Absolute s**t in the nicest possible terms, so glad I only got a morning pass as I'd been round the whole show within 30 minutes.

I'd only seen a few posts etc about this ... what was it about?

Original Poster

Just a few stalls with xbox 360s, ps3's, wii's trying out the newly released games and then you'd have to wait donkeys to even get a go. 007's new Astin Martin, Ghostbusters Ecto 1 were on show. Not a lot else either.

lynothehammer;1727704

Just a few stalls with xbox 360s, ps3's, wii's trying out the newly … Just a few stalls with xbox 360s, ps3's, wii's trying out the newly released games and then you'd have to wait donkeys to even get a go. 007's new Astin Martin, Ghostbusters Ecto 1 were on show. Not a lot else either.

Not really selling the event to me ...

Original Poster

Mate it was shocking, they had about 6 xbox 360s with R6 Vegas 2 on to try out, 2 or 3 xbox 360s with Indiana Jones LEgo on, the advert on Play was making out as if it was going to be something massive.

what about the bands??

You me at six?

Original Poster

Wasn't in there long enough to hang about, literally we'd walked round the whole place 3 or 4 times over in the space of 45 minutes & seen everything there was to see. Complete & utter panties....

Who had a VIP Ticket ?

I really enjoyed it, was chatting to the reps for quite a while, was in the VIP gamers lounge for most the afternoon, got tons of freebies - made £50 so far from selling some, keeping a ton, i'm really glad I got VIP tickets, definatly going next year if they do it again!

Original Poster

What freebies did you get then ?

lynothehammer;1734191

What freebies did you get then ?

9 t-shirts
Devil May Cry faceplate
6x Ice Age dvd
3x Stuntman ignition keyrings
6x Stuntman licence plates?
6 Rataouille keyrings
Spooks book
Ubisoft bag x2
9 Guitar Hero 3 lanyards
EA pic
Ea bag x 4
Fifa Street 3 hat
EA keyring x 4
Microsoft bag
Microsoft pen
Microsoft notebook
Sandisk pen x 4
Sandisk keychain
Sandisk lanyard
Knocked up DVD X3
LOTR online 3 day demo disks x 4
GT5 small poster.
Nearly got a Gostbusters fleeced jacket

There's a few others as well, thats the majority though - and that was without me wearing a slutty top like I was partyl planning!

Cerenia;1753391

9 t-shirtsDevil May Cry faceplate6x Ice Age dvd3x Stuntman ignition … 9 t-shirtsDevil May Cry faceplate6x Ice Age dvd3x Stuntman ignition keyrings6x Stuntman licence plates?6 Rataouille keyringsSpooks bookUbisoft bag x29 Guitar Hero 3 lanyardsEA picEa bag x 4Fifa Street 3 hatEA keyring x 4Microsoft bagMicrosoft penMicrosoft notebookSandisk pen x 4Sandisk keychainSandisk lanyardKnocked up DVD X3LOTR online 3 day demo disks x 4GT5 small poster.Nearly got a Gostbusters fleeced jacket XDThere's a few others as well, thats the majority though - and that was without me wearing a slutty top like I was partyl planning!

I really must have been off form, I had an MCV VIP pass and the only thing I managed to get was a EA bag, thought the whole event was VERY small compared to the old trade shows me and the team used to go to back at Earls Court and Kensington Olympia at the start of the 2000's.
Was there a sepperate VIP area pr anything?
Think we stayed long enough to see Vincent, Vincent and the something or others (who incidentally were quite good!) and then we left, my mate went for a smoke so we went outside and the kind security asked us to leave the area as my mate was smoking, we decided to just leave all together, lol.

Mike..

MikeBeaver;1753534

I really must have been off form, I had an MCV VIP pass and the only … I really must have been off form, I had an MCV VIP pass and the only thing I managed to get was a EA bag, thought the whole event was VERY small compared to the old trade shows me and the team used to go to back at Earls Court and Kensington Olympia at the start of the 2000's.Was there a sepperate VIP area pr anything?Think we stayed long enough to see Vincent, Vincent and the something or others (who incidentally were quite good!) and then we left, my mate went for a smoke so we went outside and the kind security asked us to leave the area as my mate was smoking, we decided to just leave all together, lol.Mike..

When you came out of the main room, if you went up the escalator, there was the VIP area with Tom Baker signing Dr Who stuff, someone from Red Dwarf, Sandisk area, motobike with woman on, a small shop, the Farcry 2 area, gamers lounge, bluray area and a couple other small stand. I was in the gamers lounge for ages

Original Poster

Went upstairs but never saw the Sandisk area. Like I said, very very disappointed with the event. As said by MikeBeaver, I was expecting it to be like the FES. I can safely say I won't be parting with my hard earned cash next year.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Whatsup number, confused44
    2. What is gearbest like on warranty?79
    3. changing a dimmer swith to normal light switch34
    4. Swimming goggles for 3 year old21

See more discussions