Found 26th Jul 2010
Hi All I wondered what the difference was with buying a laptop from PLay.com or direct from apple. Who do I go to for support if I have a problem?

And what is peoples experience of buying a laptop/iphone etc from play trade? I'm a bit wary of doing that?

4 Comments

if there is not a big difference in price (less than 10%) I would go direct with Apple then any after sales support must be direct with Apple - i.e. take it to your local Appple shop - easy.Oh and Apple support is escellent from their stores>

If you buy from a Play trader teh laptop may not be full UK spec then Apple may say you need to go through the seller for support - more hassle and slower process.

Apple direct would get my vote

EliTom

Banned

you'd be mad to buy from play.com unless substantially cheaper due to their 28 day warranty periods!

Original Poster

thanks both, although you confirmed my original opinion, I thought I would get a feel from others.

cheers

Well if you go for Apple lets hope you never need any aftersales service!!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. HUKD Satellite Information & IPTV Thread48710976
    2. Sony announce £35,000 PlayStation Pro bundle...1318
    3. Heads up - Nintendo Switch Neon Console and Get Lego City Undercover and Ra…45
    4. Limited quantities of STRAFE® and SHADOW WARRIOR 2 for sale @ Special Reser…22

See more discussions