Groups

Play,com postage scandal?

I've had several items shipped from Play.com lately, and on all the postage labels, they have been labelled as a gift.Surely is should be merchandise. Tax evasion?

16 Comments

They might have struck up a deal with Play.

Royal Mail that is.

If they're under £18, then that's why it's considered as a gift, as they don't have to pay VAT.

sometimes if you dont have it labled as a gift you could be liable to import tax

You are the only beneficiary, as they pay VAT on their invoices, not how they address the packet to you.

wickedteen;6298196

sometimes if you dont have it labled as a gift you could be liable to … sometimes if you dont have it labled as a gift you could be liable to import tax

from jersey?? didnt know that.

this has been like it from day one when they were called play24/7.com

you benefit from it not them

Banned

Why don't you email Play and complain so we can all end up paying for delivery in future??

The recipient is responsible for the import / VAT charges should they be deemed chargeable. So pipe down

dimebars;6298522

Why don't you email Play and complain so we can all end up paying for … Why don't you email Play and complain so we can all end up paying for delivery in future??The recipient is responsible for the import / VAT charges should they be deemed chargeable. So pipe down

+1
    I don't care if Play.com sent me items via carrier pidgeon, as long as it arrives fast, safe and free then it's good for me

Banned

http://s1.b3ta.com/host/creative/62105/1238233132/Nope.png

Gift means no tax

DarkKnight;6298546

+1I don't care if Play.com sent me items via carrier pidgeon, as long as … +1I don't care if Play.com sent me items via carrier pidgeon, as long as it arrives fast, safe and free then it's good for me

true! so stop causing problems OP!

Original Poster

So an unwitting person, could buy from Play, as there's very little indication they are a foreign company, buy a large order, which Play mark as gift, which gets checked, and the buyer gets hit with a large customs bill?

even if this tax evasion, it only benefits us with free delivery so shhhhhhhhhhh

peodude;6299075

So an unwitting person, could buy from Play, as there's very little … So an unwitting person, could buy from Play, as there's very little indication they are a foreign company, buy a large order, which Play mark as gift, which gets checked, and the buyer gets hit with a large customs bill?

so far they got away with it :thumbsup:

who cares?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. LG G6 International [email protected] droidauthority22
      2. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…77
      3. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card33
      4. DICKINSONS REAL DEAL £25,000 COMPETITION22

See more discussions