Groups
    EXPIRED

play.com really fast delivery

OK, this is the fastest I have EVER had anything delivered from play.com

Ordered @ around 3-4pm yesterday and was just delivered 10 mins ago
    img193.imageshack.us/img…jpg

[edit] for some reason img tags down't work within misc for me??? so removed them so it should show url instead

18 Comments

thats brilliant! normally have to wait AGGGGES!

Html doesn't work in OPs, thats why links/images don't show up.

Babbabooey;6306407

Html doesn't work in OPs, thats why links/images don't show up.

html? you mean BBCode:thumbsup:

awoodhall2003;6306420

html? you mean BBCode:thumbsup:

well yeah, but my reasons still stand.

> [edit] for some reason img tags down't work within misc for me???

The tags do not work in the opening comment of any thread.

Try in a susbsequent one.

e.g.

http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/1372/screenshotys.jpg

BFN,

fp.

Original Poster

fanpages;6306448

[edit] for some reason img tags down't work within misc for me???The … > [edit] for some reason img tags down't work within misc for me???The tags do not work in the opening comment of any thread.Try in a susbsequent one.e.g.BFN,fp.

Ahh, that explains it, thanks... was wondering why bbcode works in all other posts I made but not this one, lol

Play has always been pretty quick to deliver for me.
    Sometimes i have had to wait a week but mostly its with in 48hrs.

that's not even playtrade... you sure it works :P

paddy.stone;6306459

Ahh, that explains it, thanks... was wondering why bbcode works in all … Ahh, that explains it, thanks... was wondering why bbcode works in all other posts I made but not this one, lol

No problem.

Original Poster

jasonodell;6306481

that's not even playtrade... you sure it works :P

?????? don't know what you're getting at mate?

The ONLY bad thing about this is that they haven't shipped the USB adaptor yet... so for the moment will still have to use ethernet instead of wireless, LOL :roll:

Crucial UK wins delivery race for me, 5pm order, 9:30am Special Delivery next morning.

P.S. Can that router be firmware updated to the now ratified latest standard of 802.11n?

Original Poster

not sure... usually leave at default firmware unless something wrong with router TBH.

I know one thing "wrong" with it.... stupid gits that designed it have an RJ45 input for the modem connection instead of an RJ11.... so have now had to search around for an RJ11 to RJ45 cable.... loads of places don't even have them.

cableuniverse.co.uk/cat…og/

Thankfully, they DO

paddy.stone;6307154

not sure... usually leave at default firmware unless something wrong with … not sure... usually leave at default firmware unless something wrong with router TBH.I know one thing "wrong" with it.... stupid gits that designed it have an RJ45 input for the modem connection instead of an RJ11.... so have now had to search around for an RJ11 to RJ45 cable.... loads of places don't even have them.http://www.cableuniverse.co.uk/catalog/Thankfully, they DO

Once recieved and working, I'd be tempted to contact Play.com saying that the product is not fit for purpose as the router has a large design flaw, I'm assuming it came with a rj11 cable which was completely useless and that in effect they are breaking advertising laws by saying it can be used as a router when it can't. not as it is.

My wife ordered a Virgin mobile phone a couple of years ago at 8pm on a Saturday, it came 9am on the Sunday !!!!

Play is usually rubbish for me, my speakers have just arrived that I ordered nearly two weeks ago!!

Ive noticed Play have been good recently but not that good !!!

Original Poster

schizoboy;6307403

Once recieved and working, I'd be tempted to contact Play.com saying that … Once recieved and working, I'd be tempted to contact Play.com saying that the product is not fit for purpose as the router has a large design flaw, I'm assuming it came with a rj11 cable which was completely useless and that in effect they are breaking advertising laws by saying it can be used as a router when it can't. not as it is.

No, it came with an rj45 cable (very short too), so had no way of actually setting this up as mine (and most others) use broadband ADSL filters on their BT line that have a modem (RJ11) and BT phone socket.. so that's why I had to buy an RJ11 to RJ45 cable from somewhere.
    And had arrived BTW as that was the whole point of this topic to begin with - just can't confirm whether it's working as I have no way of connecting it to the internet at present until the cable comes... so am using my old g router at present that does have an RJ11 port.

Original Poster

*update*

Even after receiving the cable and hooking it up and entering all the info for the internet connection, still won't work as described, so sending it back to play for a refund.... and I know it's nothing that I've done wrong as I just set up my friends modem/router that I borrowed off him with no probs whatsoever. Will NEVER buy a buffalo technologies product again.

mod

closed at op request

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions
    1. What's the most impressive 4k / UHD film you have seen at home?1116
    2. In-store receipt cashback - Shopitize, TopCashBack's 'Groceries', Quidco's …25101
    3. Sky Store £2 Voucher22
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767262

See more discussions