Groups

Play.com registration

About to register and purchase with play.com for first time. Was wandering why they are asking for credit/debit card information while registering??? Is this right? Why do they do this?

9 Comments

Surely you are registering to make a purchase as the site is free to browse ???

Original Poster

yes, but why are they asking this info whilst registering for a play.com account, obviously card details are required for a purchase.

maybe they see no point in going through too many steps

Original Poster

dcx_badass;8513996

They charge £2 a month membership. It's in the terms and conditions.

What is this for??? I just want to order a memory card. My question is why do they ask foir credit card details when first registering with them.

dcx_badass;8514056

So they can take the £2 a month.

I think it has gone up to £5 now......:?

SuperEd

flamingcarrot;8514150

yep £5 but and extra £7.50 annual charge like Quidco :thumbsup:

flamingcarrot;8514150

5 quid for what,i'm lost:?

flamingcarrot;8514150

Yeah, I've been getting charged £5 these past few months, they're a nice bunch of people at Play.com though, happy to send them money knowing that now they will be receiving clean water and food :-D

its because they can store your details in your profile to use each time you make a purchase, simple as that. There are no hidden charges or anything, dont worry
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win the ultimate Land Rover Rugby Prize11
      2. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card66
      3. Win a Year's Supply of Tea, a Coffee Hamper & a Coffee Machine54
      4. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…88

See more discussions