Play.com - return an item - where is the red button?

15 replies
Found 21st Mar 2008
I need to return an item , after logging on and listed my order history, I could not find the red button to click on to return an item. Does anyone who has a play.com account to see if they can return an item please? I tried Firefox and IE and even on another computer I just could not get to the screen to return an item. The instruction on screen tells you to click a red button on the item to be returned.

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
15 Comments

I'll check for you.

Here's what I get:

Go to order history
Find item you want to return
Click on view details
Go to bottom right hand and click on blue writing which says " I would like to return a Play.com item"

I haven't gone any further than this in case it's irreversible and I end up having to send something back !!!

Hope that helps

Original Poster

This is the screen that I got, no red button to click on and then when I clicked on the item all I have is a small windows which shows the product description only http://hotimg6.fotki.com/a/81_146/35_132/play.jpg

Click 'view details'

At the bottom click 'I would like to return a play.com item'

It will take you to a page with that item at the top, you then put the reason and send it off.

They will say whether or not they will accept it back, and send you a reference number to include

You will have to phone them up or email them to request a return.

kelly_o_fanatic;1756288

Click 'view details'At the bottom click 'I would like to return a … Click 'view details'At the bottom click 'I would like to return a play.com item' It will take you to a page with that item at the top, you then put the reason and send it off.They will say whether or not they will accept it back, and send you a reference number to include

Exactly as kelly says. I just clicked through and got the correct form etc.

Original Poster

hottoshop;1756109

I'll check for you.Here's what I get:Log inGo to order historyFind item … I'll check for you.Here's what I get:Log inGo to order historyFind item you want to returnClick on view detailsGo to bottom right hand and click on blue writing which says " I would like to return a Play.com item"I haven't gone any further than this in case it's irreversible and I end up having to send something back !!! :)Hope that helps

Thanks for helping, since my last post, magically, don't know why an extra column appeared with click buttons on it which says "View details" , if you look above pic there was no such "view details" button! But after I clicked on "view details" for the item on the following screen there is no text which says " I would like to return a play.com item"!!:?http://hotimg6.fotki.com/a/81_146/35_132/play2.jpg

Ok, I suggest calling them then - maybe it is an item they wont accept back or something?

Original Poster

kelly_o_fanatic;1756324

Ok, I suggest calling them then - maybe it is an item they wont accept … Ok, I suggest calling them then - maybe it is an item they wont accept back or something?

But my problem is for any item I bought in the past as well. I shall call their helpdesk later by telephone.

Maybe you have left it too long?

This is the form you should gt up after clicking through to the next stage:

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f160/ordinaryphotos/hukdshowphoto/playreturns1.jpg

Original Poster

After the screen with "view details" there is absolutely nothing else to click! There is something strange here. Before I did not even get the buttons "View details" even after trying another PC. Now out of the blue , doing the same as I did before , the two computers now have the "View Details" buttons to click on. Let me go to another house and try someone else's computer. I suspect that not all the links are loading up which is a new phenomenon for me !

Its not a new phenomenon, its just how play work. If the return button is not there you will have to email or phone to have the item returned.

Banned

deathtrap3000;1757107

Its not a new phenomenon, its just how play work. If the return button is … Its not a new phenomenon, its just how play work. If the return button is not there you will have to email or phone to have the item returned.

If it isnt there, it usually means the return period is over ? ;-)

Thats what I always thought

Not necessarily, I had an item that I thought was ****, so went to return it but the button wasnt there. I emailed them and got returns authorisation that way.

Original Poster

deathtrap3000;1757695

Not necessarily, I had an item that I thought was ****, so went to return … Not necessarily, I had an item that I thought was ****, so went to return it but the button wasnt there. I emailed them and got returns authorisation that way.

What e-mail id did you use for play? I tried [email protected] but it was no good, mail box not receiving mail. But the way, do people know if an order can be cancelled on line before despatch? I could not find any facility on line that does this.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Which wall design do you like best?1321
    2. Anyone else bored of video gaming3257
    3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread428714680
    4. Wow apple you really are bad2128

See more discussions