Groups

Play.com return postage refunds - does anyone else have problems?

I seem to have to send back a lot of items to Play.com due to poor packaging. The most recent being a Seinfeld boxset. Whenever I do this, they either forget to refund me the postage until I ask or they refund some ridiculously inadequate amount plucked (as far as I can surmise) out of thin air and I have to chase them for the difference.

I should stress that I do always get the money in the end, but it really is a pain and I can't help wondering if it's a deliberate policy to see what they can get away with. Lots of people I'm sure forget or just can't be bother to chase relatively small amounts of money. Has anyone else had this problem?

9 Comments

You can print out a returns label can't you? or is that just amazon?

Original Poster

ChipSticks;5081241

You can print out a returns label can't you? or is that just amazon?

It is just amazon (and even then sometimes you have to pay if it's sent via Chocolate Starfish or whatever it is they call their Jersey offshoot). With play.com you don't have a freepost address to use and they also ask all items to go via recorded delivery which adds an extra (albeit small) amount.

next time, say you didnt get it, and keep it.

I had to call them but they just asked how much it cost (didnt ask for proof) and refunded that without a problem

EDIT: Mine was sent back due to the disc being faulty (the second one was the same, seemed to be a manufacturing fault) not poor packaging.

Just send them an email or phone them.
    It usually works better than complaining here.

I've never had a problem with any of the packaging of the things that I've bought from play.

I'd maybe complain to your local SO as it sounds like your mail is getting thrown about.

I sent a book back recently.. it was my own fault really and I just judged it by the pic and assumed it was a book you could read from cover to cover.. turned out it was just a mini book of quotes, not what I wanted.

I sent it back and got refunded about £2 more than I paid, I didnt even realise until reading this that theyve obviously refunded my postage! (durr)

..so no problems on that return for me.

Maybe others are having probs too though?

Nikki999;5081443

I sent a book back recently.. it was my own fault really and I just … I sent a book back recently.. it was my own fault really and I just judged it by the pic and assumed it was a book you could read from cover to cover.. turned out it was just a mini book of quotes, not what I wanted.I sent it back and got refunded about £2 more than I paid, I didnt even realise until reading this that theyve obviously refunded my postage! (durr)..so no problems on that return for me.Maybe others are having probs too though?

lol. they made a mistake by refunding you as you didnt want it anymore. Your lucky they also refunded more than you paid.

....also, does anyone else get stuff delivered from Play left in the bloody wheelie bin with all the binbags, dirty nappies etc by the courier when you're not in?

Thats appalling.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Are these two things distinctly different to you?35195
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4512110
      3. Who's getting the Xbox X Scorpio? 60 day satisfaction1334
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846346

See more discussions