Groups

Playing a windows 95 or 98 cd game on Windows 7

Banned
    Hi guys.

As above. I bought used copies of Risk & Risk II & want to play them on my Windows 7 laptop.

Well I have hit a brick wall & the information I can find on the net doesnt work either.

Has anyone found an easy way to accomplish this?

Thanks in advance.

10 Comments

there was a website for playing old dos games and red alert is available online thru browser have you checked the games can't be played on these?

install 95 and 98 as a virtual machine.

Try downloading Dosbox

adamskimatic

My own shortcut now reads:"C:\Program Files (x86)\Risk II\RiskII.exe" … My own shortcut now reads:"C:\Program Files (x86)\Risk II\RiskII.exe" -noaviand the program works fine.

23 people ticked like for risk 2 solution adamskimatic gave on this link:

answers.microsoft.com/en-…58c
    Edited by: "Bertz99" 5th Feb

I'd go the virtual machine route if your laptop is not too old. Or create a dual boot system and install 98 on a separate partition perhaps.

Try and run in compatability mode?

Original Poster Banned

jasonholcroft9

Try and run in compatability mode?

Thanks but it doesnt work.

Original Poster Banned

Can anyone point me in the direction of being able to run a virtual machine?

Totally lost guys. I have looked & looked.

Original Poster Banned

YouDontWantToKnow

Can anyone point me in the direction of being able to run a virtual … Can anyone point me in the direction of being able to run a virtual machine? Totally lost guys. I have looked & looked.

Marking down someone who is out of his depth & is asking for help?

lol ****

Please excuse my comment. I have a stalker.
    Edited by: "YouDontWantToKnow" 5th Feb

download virtual box and windows 98. Load up windows 98 inside virtual box, let it install. Go.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767486
      2. Bearded chat35
      3. One thing you've forgotten1518
      4. The HUKD home for Star Trek: Discovery1932

See more discussions