Groups

Playing an .avi file on a normal DVD player?

Afternoon all.

I have a .avi file that I want to put onto a DVD for my Mum to play on her standard DVD player.

Haven't done it before so would appreciate some pointers pleeeeeease!

Firstly, I have DVD-R discs, will they be okay?
    I already have ImgBurn on my computer, will it do the job?
    Do I need to convert the file into a different format before burning to disc? If so, which format should it be and what program can I use to convert the file?

Thanks very much, rep will be left for help?

x

4 Comments

Banned

Try usung Convertx2DVD or Nero

Depends if your mums dvd payer can accept divx/xvid files, which some can. If so you can burn it to a cd/dvd as is, ie straight avi file, if not then youll have to convert it as mentioned above ;-)

Nero should convert it to the correct format as it does it.

Original Poster

KillFelix;8429613

Try usung Convertx2DVD or Nero

Thanks, neither of those seem to be free, though - only want to do one conversion so not worth it

Squelds;8429992

Depends if your mums dvd payer can accept divx/xvid files, which some … Depends if your mums dvd payer can accept divx/xvid files, which some can. If so you can burn it to a cd/dvd as is, ie straight avi file, if not then youll have to convert it as mentioned above ;-)

Unfortunately, I doubt it very much

dcx_badass;8430096

Convertxtodvd if you want to … Convertxtodvd if you want to pay.http://www.vso-software.fr/products/convert_x_to_dvd/If you want to do it for free use dvdflick:http://www.dvdflick.net

I am trying DVDFlick now, thank you

kingy58;8430118

Nero should convert it to the correct format as it does it.

Thanks, but looking for a free software
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4492109
      2. Are these two things distinctly different to you?35194
      3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846346
      4. What is there free to do in your town?2443

See more discussions