Playing football for the first time in years... Decent boots to get ???

Posted 16th Jan
it's on an astro turf pitch, I don't wanna spend loads in case it turns out to be a one off and they never get used again.

any suggestions ???
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

13 Comments
Try jd sports or sports direct look for cheap n comfy avoid horrible plastic feel..

Nike outlets are also good
Decathlon do basics range too but only bit cheaper than other shops
Sports Direct do super cheap ones.
Would you go for special astro turf boots ? Or are any normal trainers okay ?
chrisredmayne16/01/2020 08:20

Would you go for special astro turf boots ? Or are any normal trainers …Would you go for special astro turf boots ? Or are any normal trainers okay ?

Normal trainers will be more slippery. If it's just a try and see then normal trainers would do, but if you keep going I would buy astro ones. Makes a difference in grip, passing, shooting and also cleaning up afterwards.
I once picked up some Adidas trainers for this purpose (for playing on Astro turf) from Matalan, they were blue and orange, I go shopping without my glasses and read the label as Daley Blind seeing the Dutch football connection and thought they were for indoor/5 aside football etc, in actual fact they were Daly Bind Neo trainers. Really well suited to Astro Turf all the same!
Edited by: "joeydeacon" 16th Jan
chrisredmayne16/01/2020 08:20

Would you go for special astro turf boots ? Or are any normal trainers …Would you go for special astro turf boots ? Or are any normal trainers okay ?

OP, is your pitch indoors or outdoors?

I would recommend you don't wear normal trainers, even if it is only one game, for playing on astro. If the turf is wet or has plenty of rubber crumb, you'll soon find yourself up in the air and on your ar$€, and the career comeback might be shortlived

We've been playing 5s / 7s on astro for 20 odd years. Most of the guys wear astro boots. I stick to trainers.

I usually buy Nike Tiempo / Tiempo X as I find the sizes are true and the grip is good. As already mentioned, you can sometimes pick up a fairly cheap pair in SportsDirect.

Pro-direct soccer is a good site who regularly have deals on.

If Nike is not for you and you fancy Adidas, try in store if possible. I find Adidas sizes run small and have to get at least half a size up.
Cant go wrong with Samba's
get some white boots, guaranteed to be your last game
justanothercid16/01/2020 07:38

Try jd sports or sports direct look for cheap n comfy avoid horrible …Try jd sports or sports direct look for cheap n comfy avoid horrible plastic feel..Nike outlets are also goodDecathlon do basics range too but only bit cheaper than other shops

Nike currently have an extra 20% off code (JAN20) going as well.
Samba all the way, if you don’t play again always good for the pub..
classic 80’s black boots, not those “socks” professional footballers wear these days
Decathlon have ones very cheap and quite decent, have a look on their website or instore
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants