Playing GTA IV on Xbox Live

7 replies
Found 2nd May 2009
Sorru to be a total n00b, but does anyone know how you start a network game on GTA IV? The game just starts as soon as you insert the disc, ie. there's no menu screen and the pause screen seems to have no options for network games. Thanks in advance!

7 Comments

through the mobile phone

after the second story mission you get given a mobile just press up on the d-pad to bring up the mobile and go down to multiplayer

/\ What he said.

Team Deathmatch seems to be the one everyone plays. You can also filter the games to remove things like auto-aim as it makes the online games too easy and ruins using cars (people can follow you with auto-aim like you have a magnet on your head).

Original Poster

ctuk;5099560

through the mobile phone

Thanks, I thought you were fooling me there for a moment about playing it through my phone, I'm a bit dozy this morning!

siwrath;5099572

after the second story mission you get given a mobile just press up on … after the second story mission you get given a mobile just press up on the d-pad to bring up the mobile and go down to multiplayer

Thanks as well, it's much appreciated.

Original Poster

Ungreat;5099636

/\ What he said.Team Deathmatch seems to be the one everyone plays. You … /\ What he said.Team Deathmatch seems to be the one everyone plays. You can also filter the games to remove things like auto-aim as it makes the online games too easy and ruins using cars (people can follow you with auto-aim like you have a magnet on your head).

Cheers, I'll try to check that one out! I've seen vids on YouTube and it does look pretty good.

i found it pretty dull. i dont like GTA anyway, but i like multiplayer stuff. so i gave it a go on my friends. i had never played the multiplayer before (or single) and i came top 5 rounds in a row.

I like the open map and varied vehicles.

The only gripe I have with it is it could do with some better gametypes, perhaps a capture the flag type mode to concentrate the battle.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769190
    2. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…18206624
    3. Mercedes-Benz recalls 400,000 cars in UK over airbag fault11
    4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread427214624

See more discussions