Found 2nd Mar
I have over 100 HD-DVD's and wish to play them via Windows 10 or if not possible Back them up as Iso or Mpg.

Does anyone use or know of software to do this.

Thanks

12 Comments

Media Player Classic should be possible to play HD DVD. Just check for correct codecs.

I didn't know there where that many hd dvd disks. o_O

Been a while since I last played (sic) with HD-DVD but reasonable sure I just used a standard PC bluray player and viewed content via Media Player Classic installed by default within the "standard" option of Klite codec pack. Converting to ISO was achieved by using an unofficial portable version of DVDfab that circumvented any copy protection (your choice to acknowledge any locally applicable regulations).
https://www.codecguide.com/download_kl.htm
lmgtfy.com/?q=…+fc

not played with my HD-DVD for a while, but if I remembered correctly, you cannot play it in a normal Blu-ray player, there used to be a dual format player (still got one

mmmmm... why does the HUKD mobile app keeps coping my posts!!

EDEN188

not played with my HD-DVD for a while, but if I remembered correctly, you … not played with my HD-DVD for a while, but if I remembered correctly, you cannot play it in a normal Blu-ray player, there used to be a dual format player (still got one

Not contradicting your post, but certainly at least some LG PC bluray players appear to offer some HD-DVD functionality, although I have no personal experience, just an observation: ebay.co.uk/sch…=15

The shortlived Xbox 360 external HD DVD drive was compatible with Windows. There are some dirt cheap on fleabay. Might be a starting point if your PC won't read them.

craigstephens

The shortlived Xbox 360 external HD DVD drive was compatible with … The shortlived Xbox 360 external HD DVD drive was compatible with Windows. There are some dirt cheap on fleabay. Might be a starting point if your PC won't read them.

CeX sell them for £4 nowadays - windows installs the necessary drivers automatically. You might need powerdvd or something similar to play the discs "legitimately" but there is plenty of freeware around which would allow you to use the player of your choice or back up your discs.
Edited by: "captainbeaky" 2nd Mar

Vlc.... free... plays just about anything you through at it.

AndyRoyd

Not contradicting your post, but certainly at least some LG PC bluray … Not contradicting your post, but certainly at least some LG PC bluray players appear to offer some HD-DVD functionality, although I have no personal experience, just an observation: http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=bluray+rom+hd+dvd&_sop=15

Yup, it's one of those that I have in 1 of my media PC, haven't used it for a while tho, so no idea what software can play the HD-DVD format.

Have a look at this

I converted a load of mines with MakeMKV and use VLC as the player. There were a few that failed to convert but most did - I'll revisit the failed ones some day.

craigstephens

Have a look at this

There should be no need to consider using geriatric commercial software to satisfy OP requirements, especially geriatric commercial software that requires patches and tweaks.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769506
    2. Anyone else bored of video gaming1322
    3. What's you favourite 60s 70s 80s song ?993254
    4. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52522877

See more discussions