Expired

Playing Xbox via VGA

10 replies
Found 6th Mar 2009
Hi folks

As a follow on from this post: hotukdeals.com/ite…as/

And as a matter of curiosity which I have not been willing to try yet, is it possible to connect the Xbox through my TFT using only a standard VGA? I assume this will give me picture but no sound, which I can live with. I assume I would need the official cable to plug into the component slot as well as the VGA for both sound and picture (Although my monitor doesn't have speakers rofl).

So the question: Can Xbox be played through a TFT using a standard VGA?

10 Comments

yeah, i bought a VGA cable off ebay, had red and white RCA for audio on it too, good quality cost me £5 delivered

Banned

AugQX;4566584

yeah, i bought a VGA cable off ebay, had red and white RCA for audio on … yeah, i bought a VGA cable off ebay, had red and white RCA for audio on it too, good quality cost me £5 delivered

could you give an item number to the guy you bought off?

Original Poster

AugQX;4566584

yeah, i bought a VGA cable off ebay, had red and white RCA for audio on … yeah, i bought a VGA cable off ebay, had red and white RCA for audio on it too, good quality cost me £5 delivered

My question is can it be played through a standard vga cable, supplied with monitors?

DragonChris;4566630

My question is can it be played through a standard vga cable, supplied … My question is can it be played through a standard vga cable, supplied with monitors?

no. xbox has no vga plug.

Banned

DragonChris;4566630

My question is can it be played through a standard vga cable, supplied … My question is can it be played through a standard vga cable, supplied with monitors?

no, the xbox 360 doesn't have a VGA port on the back of it

Original Poster

shanecr;4566671

no. xbox has no vga plug.

lumoruk;4566673

no, the xbox 360 doesn't have a VGA port on the back of it

I'm a moron... Why did I think it did? >.
Thanks folks *dumb as a pigs behind*

lumoruk;4566599

could you give an item number to the guy you bought off?

Item number: 370166825209- same model as this

Banned

AugQX;4566751

Item number: 370166825209- same model as this

thanks and repped :thumbsup:

well you can get sound plug the white and red cables into here and pluf it directly to the speaker
amazon.co.uk/3-5…8-5

Banned

Just to let you know i got a tft monitor in the end and it's great connect the 360 up to my speakers as well so have sound!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Misco about to go into administration22
    2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247564
    3. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52322806
    4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread427414631

See more discussions