Groups
    EXPIRED

Playstation 2 Console - Cheap! - To Replace A Broken One :(

Hi,

I am looking for a Playstation 2 console - must be new as want the full guarantee and as cheap as possible to replace a broken one. We already have games, extra controller etc so those items arent necessary.

Can anyone help?

:thumbsup:

11 Comments

pammyb

Hi,I am looking for a Playstation 2 console - must be new as want the … Hi,I am looking for a Playstation 2 console - must be new as want the full guarantee and as cheap as possible to replace a broken one. We already have games, extra controller etc so those items arent necessary. Can anyone help?:thumbsup:

What's broken with it? They are fixable you know?

CJ

Dont forget PS3 will have backward compatibilty so if youre intending to buy a PS3 in November (ok maybe youre not) youll be able to play your old games.

sendit.com have it for £94.89 with 6% cashback via quidco = just over £92
    ]http//ww…114

hmv also have it and its £5 off this weekend so thats about £89.99
    ]http//ww…05

Instead of paying £89.99 from hmv on the consle alone, "Toysrus" have a deal where you can buy the ultra-thin console plus three free games for £94.99.

toysrus.co.uk/Pro…125

The game is a three pack rayman bundle.
    Better if you don't already have those games.:thumbsup:

Mine was broke, disc read error.

Fixed it yetserday using this guide

]http//ww…tml

Original Poster

Thank you to everyone who has replied.

Unfortunately I am in no way technical enough to attempt to repair this myself.

Sell it for spares and repairs - if it is easy to fix, you should get a handsome amount of cash for it!

russ

Dont forget PS3 will have backward compatibilty so if youre intending to … Dont forget PS3 will have backward compatibilty so if youre intending to buy a PS3 in November (ok maybe youre not) youll be able to play your old games.

well even if he isnt wanting to get a PS3, prices for the PS2will drop dramatically once the PS3 is released

How exactly is it broken?

I have a less than 6 month old PS2 slim line sat here doing nothing, not used it since I got my xbox 360.

Its been soft modded which means that you can play back ups on it but the console hasn't been unscrewed or visably tampered with... I do have some games also but would have to check with the gf to see what she wants if/before I sell it

Unfortunately I don't have the original box for it tho, but thats not going to affect the gaming experience.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…66
      2. wharf comp - win a michael grant watch - email entry only22
      3. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card11
      4. computer active mag comp - win one of two y-cam protect alarm systems worth…44

See more discussions