Playstation 3 can i use 3 mobile dongle to get internet

Found 6th Mar 2010
Thanks for any help.
Just wondering if it was possible to use a 3 MOBILE DONGLE to access the internet on a PS3. ie my dad hasnt got internet and i have a usb dongle and needed my fix of COD MW2 when i stay at his house.

9 Comments

you could use the dongle on the laptop and internet share with the ps3

you need to plug the dongle into a computer/laptop then plug an ethernet into ps3 and laptop and 'share' the connection. google it. and before you ask it wont work straight on ps3 as it requires drivers.

Original Poster

cheers guys

You can get internet but afaik the connection won't be fast enough for COD

jtx;8030691

depends really.

I've hit 4Mbits per second on a vodafone stick.

jtx;8030691

t0mm;8030706

depends really.I've hit 4Mbits per second on a vodafone stick.

Ive played COD using a mobile phones internet (3G) no lag at all :thumbsup:

jtx;8030691

t0mm;8030706

depends really.I've hit 4Mbits per second on a vodafone stick.

Exactly...and to be honest gaming doesnt eat up any bandwidth really, its more to do with ping. I reckon a 1Mbit connection would suffice, as long as you hitting below 50 ping.

awoodhall2003;8030819

Exactly...and to be honest gaming doesnt eat up any bandwidth really, its … Exactly...and to be honest gaming doesnt eat up any bandwidth really, its more to do with ping. I reckon a 1Mbit connection would suffice, as long as you hitting below 50 ping.

didnt think of ping really, pings are pretty stupid on mobile broadband, but should still be playable..

t0mm;8030835

didnt think of ping really, pings are pretty stupid on mobile broadband, … didnt think of ping really, pings are pretty stupid on mobile broadband, but should still be playable..

well if you think when ps3s were first released in late 2006 the average internet speed in the UK would have been around 3Mbit I'd imagine... thus should be fine, given the ping is ok.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Ebay postage to be protected36
    2. Quadcopters45
    3. Virgin broadband/phone69
    4. Garage door won't stay up. Any ideas of a fix79

See more discussions