Groups
    EXPIRED

Playstation 3 Console / Bundles

Hi all,
    i am looking at getting a PS3 in the next few days so would appreciate any advice on current deals if anyone knows of any.
    So far i have seen the amazon one, think it includes 3 games for £300ish, and also the play.com bundle with 3 games for £289.99 - am i right in thinking i could use the RAC 5% off voucher on this and reduce it even more?
    I doubt i would play the bundled games as im more a fan of pro evo,call of duty,gta etc... but i am assuming it would be better to get the bundle and sell off the unwanted games rather than get the console on its own?
    Most of the deals i have seen are for the 80gb, would there be much advantage in getting the 160gb or is the 80gb going to be more than enough for general gamers?

Any advice or new deals anyone has found would be much appracieted!!

Thanks in advance :-)

4 Comments

80gb version is enough for general gamers, if you want to upgrade your hardrive you can use the laptop hardrives which go upto 320gb which would work out cheaper than buying the 160gb version. However the 80gb hardrive should be sufficent for causual gamers.

You can use the 5% code but I think you need to reset your cookies or something like that, more detail in the RAC thread.

I think the deals at the moment are not as good as it was prior to christmas but the deals you have stated seem to be the general deals going around. There is a rumour of a price cut in March(but it is not confirmed).

Original Poster

Soulja88;3886497

80gb version is enough for general gamers, if you want to upgrade your … 80gb version is enough for general gamers, if you want to upgrade your hardrive you can use the laptop hardrives which go upto 320gb which would work out cheaper than buying the 160gb version. However the 80gb hardrive should be sufficent for causual gamers.You can use the 5% code but I think you need to reset your cookies or something like that, more detail in the RAC thread.I think the deals at the moment are not as good as it was prior to christmas but the deals you have stated seem to be the general deals going around. There is a rumour of a price cut in March(but it is not confirmed).

thanks for the info :thumbsup: rep added

I'm after a 160Gb myself - I check here and ]PS3 Bundles to check on any good deals.

Beware of some of the bundled deals as they are games that can be downloaded rather than the hardcopy of the game that could be sold.

Link doesn't work matey, should be: hxxp://ps3bundles.co.uk/
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. SCS add ons... are they worth it??34
      2. O2 Priority concert tickets1325
      3. Does anyone have a Xbox gold trial code33
      4. Furniture Sliders22

See more discussions