Expired

Playstation 4 Asda return questions

Found 7th Sep 2014
I have a Playstation 4 which I bought at launch from my local Asda.

The Playstation 4 runs very loud compared to my friends and I believe it may have a fault. The controllers thumb stick rubber has also began cracking and is basically hanging on which I know already was a fault. The fans will gradually speed up until max speed, even when I am just on the dashboard/UI. The Playstation sits on my side so I know there is nothing blocking the vents etc.

If I take it back to my local Asda with all packaging and receipt are they likely to offer me a replacement or send it off for repairs? I've been thinking about doing this for a while now and want to really before any kind of warranty expires.

Has anyone had experience with them sending the console off to be repaired and roughly how long it took?

One last thing, my Playstation was a Knack bundle but I know longer have the game. Would this matter in anyway if I were to be offered a replacement.

Thanks for any help
Community Updates
AskPlaystationPS4
11 Comments
they will send it off to Sony

your not the first person i have heard of having problems with a PS4, a friend of mine bought one from Tesco and the disc drive just keeps ejecting constantly

he had his send back to Sony via Tesco
If it's a replacement you are after and they have the knack bundles they could take the game out of the replacement and keep it. In all honesty I doubt they will though. Maybe buy a preowned one before you go in.

Your Asda receipt entitles you to a years warranty with them. They will refund or replace without question.
It's completely up to Asda what they decide to do, but it's extremely unlikely they'll replace the console because of a loud fan. Seeing as there's technically no fault stopping you from playing it they'll send it to Sony to be repaired.
Original Poster
GoatzRus

It's completely up to Asda what they decide to do, but it's extremely … It's completely up to Asda what they decide to do, but it's extremely unlikely they'll replace the console because of a loud fan. Seeing as there's technically no fault stopping you from playing it they'll send it to Sony to be repaired.

Yeah I can just imagine there faces when I tell them the fault is a noisy fan and ask for a replacement lol

I'm happy for it to be repaired though and hopefully will avoid any kind of delivery charges tat I might receive if I dealt with Sony direct
fans could be running more due to dust build up inside. could see if thats causing the issue.

Asda will most likley send it off to sony under the warranty
Fixay

Yeah I can just imagine there faces when I tell them the fault is a noisy … Yeah I can just imagine there faces when I tell them the fault is a noisy fan and ask for a replacement lolI'm happy for it to be repaired though and hopefully will avoid any kind of delivery charges tat I might receive if I dealt with Sony direct

You won't be charged any delivery charges by Sony. They send a courier to pick it up.
Original Poster
INDUSTRYHATER

You won't be charged any delivery charges by Sony. They send a courier … You won't be charged any delivery charges by Sony. They send a courier to pick it up.

When I contacted Sony direct about my faulty controller they mentioned I had ot ship it to them. They said I would have to pay the shipping fees but they would send the new controller back to me for free.

i just assumed the console would be no different
Our controllers were both returned to Sony by a returns label they emailed to me. It didnt cost us anything. We returned 2 as the rubber thumb grips split. They were returned one at a time so my husband could continue to use the console whilst the controllers were being replaced.
My console was returned to Sony and as angel of the north says, I was also emailed a returns label.
INDUSTRYHATER

My console was returned to Sony and as angel of the north says, I was … My console was returned to Sony and as angel of the north says, I was also emailed a returns label.

how long did the repair take? Mine has been with them for about 8 days now.
kingtreelo

they will send it off to Sonyyour not the first person i have heard of … they will send it off to Sonyyour not the first person i have heard of having problems with a PS4, a friend of mine bought one from Tesco and the disc drive just keeps ejecting constantlyhe had his send back to Sony via Tesco

That's exactly what I did when mine had the same fault. I took it to the Direct desk and they ordered me a new PS4 and returned the original to Sony, even though mine was the Infamous bundle (but I'd sold the disc to CEX for £35). Basically I exchanged an old PS4 for new and the thumb grips had started to go even better service for me.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants