Playstation 4 Dualshock 4 Back Button Attachment - £25.99 delivered @ GAME

Posted 22nd Dec 2019
game.co.uk/en/…716

I was about to buy a Scuf controller until I seen that Sony were releasing this. It's a lot cheaper and looks a lot simpler to use. This is basically the RRP and it seems like Game is the only place that's selling it.

The DUALSHOCK®4 Back Button Attachment: Elevate Your Competitive Play

The DUALSHOCK®4 Back Button Attachment was designed to deliver more versatility and performance when gaming while maintaining the comfort and feel of the DUALSHOCK®4 wireless controller you’ve come to love. Two tactile back buttons designed for comfort and precision to get an edge in your favourite titles. A dedicated button that allows you to remap inputs on the fly so you are always prepared no matter what game you’re playing. A high-fidelity OLED display that provides clean cut information around button assignments as well as the ability to save and choose button presets to fit any gaming situation. Compete at your best while experiencing games with crystal clear communication with friends and teammates through the headset pass through**.

*PlayStation®4 system, PlayStation®VR and PlayStation®Camera are required to experience VR functionality. **Headset not included. Headset pass through requires 3.5 mm wired headset to the controller.

GAME Xclusive – the Dualshock 4 Back Button Attachment for PlayStation 4 is only available at GAME stores or at game.co.uk in the UK.

PLEASE NOTE: Prices in GAME Stores may differ.
Community Updates

Groups

Top comments
Something is not quite right when an accessory cost almost as much as the controller.
£26 for 2 buttons though....
47 Comments
Something is not quite right when an accessory cost almost as much as the controller.
AnkerMan22/12/2019 17:33

Something is not quite right when an accessory cost almost as much as the …Something is not quite right when an accessory cost almost as much as the controller.

I wish it was cheaper(why does it need a display?), but I will still get one. Back buttons/paddles need to become the new standard for controllers. Was my favorite part of the Steam controller.
Edited by: "Seanspeed" 22nd Dec 2019
Would be nice if they said PS5 compatible...

Something is not quite right when an accessory cost almost as much as the …Something is not quite right when an accessory cost almost as much as the controller.

Still cheaper to buy this and a new DS4 than it is to buy Xbox Controller with back buttons.
£26 for 2 buttons though....
Wish they had these out in time for xmas
My mate was going to buy a little attachment like this to make him a little better on Modern Warfare, I told him change your button layout to tactical and hes getting more kills
I understand these will help, but if you don't want to spend money try the above
Toon_army22/12/2019 17:50

My mate was going to buy a little attachment like this to make him a …My mate was going to buy a little attachment like this to make him a little better on Modern Warfare, I told him change your button layout to tactical and hes getting more kills I understand these will help, but if you don't want to spend money try the above

You can definitely improve on COD by changing the button layout. I would say this is more for Fortnite where the button layout options only help to a certain extent
jimbo00122/12/2019 17:43

PS5 controller will most likely have these built in.
The use of an OLED screen confuses me. Sure it will look nice but how oftern are you going to be looking at the back of your controller? Only reason I can think of is battery saving (OLED doesn't require a backlight) but surly the screen will be off when not in use, so in my mind the difference between that and an LED would be marginal.
Edited by: "MrWeeWoo" 22nd Dec 2019
jimbo00122/12/2019 17:43

Seanspeed22/12/2019 17:38

I wish it was cheaper(why does it need a display?), but I will still get …I wish it was cheaper(why does it need a display?), but I will still get one. Back buttons/paddles need to become the new standard for controllers. Was my favorite part of the Steam controller.

There is speculation that the PS5 controller will come with built in buttons or be compatible with this accessory because of a patent that was found for a controller. I think Sony would say that the accessory is compatible with PS5 around the announcement of this though or at least the release date
Edited by: "DodgyDave93" 22nd Dec 2019
Sony are releasing this but not until end of January.
I'm interested in getting one myself as the back of the controller is a more comfortable resting place.
DodgyDave9322/12/2019 17:57

You can definitely improve on COD by changing the button layout. I would …You can definitely improve on COD by changing the button layout. I would say this is more for Fortnite where the button layout options only help to a certain extent

I've never played Fortnite I just seem to be good at CoD so few people ask for tips, that's my main one button layout. Might take a little getting used to but worth it.
My other mate bought one of them scuf pads think he paid £150 and still can't get one over on me
Been one out a while called a strike pack £45ish give or take turns controller into a scuff also can get other stuff from there website for cheats/hacks what ever you want to call them

Plus a GAME exclusive (UK) ?!
Andy@XCite22/12/2019 18:08

Plus a GAME exclusive (UK) ?!

Yeah, more like exclusive for a week lol

Might aswell buy a scuff controller
Sony must be rubbing their hands together with this one, probably end up getting one though
Available through amazon US.
slightly earlier release date by the time it’s delivered (maybe)
39468582-rI36f.jpg
pjuk1422/12/2019 18:27

Available through amazon US.slightly earlier release date by the time it’s …Available through amazon US.slightly earlier release date by the time it’s delivered (maybe)[Image]

Plus delivery, import fees and taxes takes it to £33 ish
topgeezah22/12/2019 18:38

Comment deleted

Time my scuff spends on charge that might as well be aswell 9ft cable comes with strike pack I think it says got good reviews aswell
Neobrown22/12/2019 18:24

Might aswell buy a scuff controller

Shockingly low quality and unbelievably high failure rate, buying Scuf=throwing down the drain well over £100
jamiemathers7822/12/2019 18:06

Been one out a while called a strike pack £45ish give or take turns …Been one out a while called a strike pack £45ish give or take turns controller into a scuff also can get other stuff from there website for cheats/hacks what ever you want to call them

which website are you talking about please?
Can anyone give an example of how this would be useful? I'm trying to picture a scenario where it would be good as I'm so used to a standard controller I don't exactly struggle with hitting the buttons!
ventis8622/12/2019 18:50

Can anyone give an example of how this would be useful? I'm trying to …Can anyone give an example of how this would be useful? I'm trying to picture a scenario where it would be good as I'm so used to a standard controller I don't exactly struggle with hitting the buttons!

Paddle shifter for gran turismo thats all I would use it for
Should have removed the OLED display and made it £10 not like you're going to see it while playing

Can anyone give an example of how this would be useful? I'm trying to …Can anyone give an example of how this would be useful? I'm trying to picture a scenario where it would be good as I'm so used to a standard controller I don't exactly struggle with hitting the buttons!

Mainly for FPS games. Fortnite is the best example I can think of. For editing, jumping, switching weapons, switch mode etc...
gibblesuk22/12/2019 18:49

Search "Strike Pack" on Amazon
Anyone know if you've be able to map more than one button to the back paddles (like R2 and circle at the same time for example).
gibblesuk22/12/2019 18:49

There on Amazon as stated they are wired but wire is a good length
I'd use this for Call Of Duty for reload but everytime you reload, you get shot.
CaptainSocks22/12/2019 19:11

Anyone know if you've be able to map more than one button to the back …Anyone know if you've be able to map more than one button to the back paddles (like R2 and circle at the same time for example).

I think the mapping of buttons is meant to be the main selling point. Saw a video the other day and they mapped X, O on it as it then shows on the front oled screen so you know what your trigger does.
I like the idea of this but using it would mean having to take off the cover that help me be able to hold the controller.

I use an elite controller and Scuf pad and where it helps mostly is online shooters for me.

Say you are in Modern Warfare for example, and you are aiming at someone, so right thumb on right stick, you've run out of ammo, and need to switch weapon, but the enemy is still moving, so you hit say Triangle onthe back button while still holding your aim on the enemy, and get the kill. If you were on a standard pad, you'd take your thumb off the stick, and press triangle and then back to the (now centered) stick and have to try and aim back on the enemy to shoot.

Also the same if you wanted to crouch behind cover and pop up to shoot and back down etc. You can use another finger to keep bobbing up and down, and still have your aim, and trigger fingers free.
I thought this was a ps5 leak
EmperorRosko22/12/2019 20:00

I use an elite controller and Scuf pad and where it helps mostly is online …I use an elite controller and Scuf pad and where it helps mostly is online shooters for me.Say you are in Modern Warfare for example, and you are aiming at someone, so right thumb on right stick, you've run out of ammo, and need to switch weapon, but the enemy is still moving, so you hit say Triangle onthe back button while still holding your aim on the enemy, and get the kill. If you were on a standard pad, you'd take your thumb off the stick, and press triangle and then back to the (now centered) stick and have to try and aim back on the enemy to shoot.Also the same if you wanted to crouch behind cover and pop up to shoot and back down etc. You can use another finger to keep bobbing up and down, and still have your aim, and trigger fingers free.

Ahhhh! That makes sense, thank you. I think I'll leave it as rarely play competitively online but it sounds like a good idea.

My mate was going to buy a little attachment like this to make him a …My mate was going to buy a little attachment like this to make him a little better on Modern Warfare, I told him change your button layout to tactical and hes getting more kills I understand these will help, but if you don't want to spend money try the above

Agreed! Been playing tactical for years, good advice!
DodgyDave9322/12/2019 19:03

Mainly for FPS games. Fortnite is the best example I can think of. For …Mainly for FPS games. Fortnite is the best example I can think of. For editing, jumping, switching weapons, switch mode etc...Search "Strike Pack" on Amazon

many thanks
MACHINE-MAN22/12/2019 17:59

PS5 controller will most likely have these built in.

That's what I thought . But as there isn't any confirmation that PS4 controllers will /WONT work on ps5 , think I will hold off on these . Especially at £26 ....
Transfer your controller from female to male by extra £26, bargain!

From a pc user point of view. Try using the any of the four buttons near left stick while moving character, you can't you have to stop to press them. Same goes for aiming with the right stick. You have to stop one action to do the other. Least with a few back buttons you can continue moving/looking and change weapons or something. With KB/Mouse You don't have that issue. Just one reason I prefer Kb/Mouse over controller and its the first thing I say/show friends gthat try to get me to jopin them on a console.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions