PlayStation 4 System Software 5.0 Beta

Found 6th Sep 2017
Enter the details in the link for your chance to join the System Software Beta.
Please note that completing this enrolment form does not guarantee a place on the System Software Beta. Invitations are at Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe's (SIEE's) discretion. Unless you are successful, we will not contact you regarding System Software Beta. By completing this form you agree to the Private Beta Trial Agreement.

playstation.com/en-…on/

25 Comments

Nice one fella!

What's the benefit?

Is the notifications menu still a mess

Why

Did similar for the Xbox and it was always meh.

Why would you though?

Original Poster

man.of.miracles34 m ago

What's the benefit?

found this site which pretty much details all the changes of the update

eurogamer.net/art…ing

Personally i don't really think the update adds anything substancial, i guess osny are making a big deal out of it because its a major update

MR11239 m ago

Why would you though?

Getting my black notifications back was enough reason for me

QuickProfits11 m ago

So you can stream to twitch in 1080p? I don't …So you can stream to twitch in 1080p? I don't know.https://www.polygon.com/2017/8/17/16164828/ps4-firmware-5-0-features-beta-release-date

If it matters that much don't be a scrub and buy a PC and capture card.

catbeans11 m ago

If it matters that much don't be a scrub and buy a PC and capture card.

Why not go the whole hog and have a PC for streaming and a PC for gaming? Tightarse.

MSK.4 m ago

Why not go the whole hog and have a PC for streaming and a PC for gaming? …Why not go the whole hog and have a PC for streaming and a PC for gaming? Tightarse.

And one for get well kitten gifs
31912243-wCCsF.jpg

Wongy11021 m ago

And one for get well kitten gifs[Image]

Ta

MSK.3 h, 27 m ago

Why not go the whole hog and have a PC for streaming and a PC for gaming? …Why not go the whole hog and have a PC for streaming and a PC for gaming? Tightarse.

I have 3 PCs

So what if two of them can barely run minesweeper, they turn on... Probably.

I asked 'ask PlayStation' on twitter but couldn't get an answer out of them just a link to a page which also couldn't tell me? Since ps don't even seem to know..

Q. In reference to hdd support. I currently use a 2tb external hdd shared between both of my ps4's and that works fine but it's at max capacity now so I was wondering weather I could use another external 2tb hdd to install my future game perchases and swap between them when required? Obviously I can only have one plugged in at any one time but can I use multiple externals this way? Thanks..

Mathaeus27 m ago

I asked 'ask PlayStation' on twitter but couldn't get an answer out of …I asked 'ask PlayStation' on twitter but couldn't get an answer out of them just a link to a page which also couldn't tell me? Since ps don't even seem to know..Q. In reference to hdd support. I currently use a 2tb external hdd shared between both of my ps4's and that works fine but it's at max capacity now so I was wondering weather I could use another external 2tb hdd to install my future game perchases and swap between them when required? Obviously I can only have one plugged in at any one time but can I use multiple externals this way? Thanks..

Why wouldn't you be able to?

MSK.5 m ago

Why wouldn't you be able to?

I was thinking the same thing.. it was the 'you can only plug in one hdd at a time bizz?' that made me wonder. I'll try it tonight..

Mathaeus4 h, 16 m ago

I was thinking the same thing.. it was the 'you can only plug in one hdd …I was thinking the same thing.. it was the 'you can only plug in one hdd at a time bizz?' that made me wonder. I'll try it tonight..

I wonder if that's to do with the amount of power it can put out over USB to power portable hard drives? I use a USB hard drive and a USB stick both at once all the time.

Important information for Beta Trial testers

PlayStation®4 system software update 4.74 has been released. When trying to start certain games, you may be prompted to update the system to 4.74 from the 5.00 Beta.

Updating from 5.00 Beta to 4.74 will result in the following restrictions:
- You will not be able to revert back from 4.74 to the current 5.00 Beta. (You will be able to update to the upcoming 5.00 Beta 6.)
- The order in which content is displayed on the home screen will be reset.
- Download links on the home screen (such as for SHAREfactory or Media Player) that you deleted will be displayed again.
- Some items in [Notifications] will be deleted.
- Some items in [Discover] that you have already seen will be displayed again.
- Activities that were created and some settings you configured while using the 5.00 Beta will be stored on the PlayStation Network server. You may see notifications related to these activities and settings even after updating to 4.74.
- Games that were downloaded while using the 5.00 Beta may not start properly after updating to 4.74. If this happens, delete the game, and then download it again

Please refrain from updating to 4.74 and wait for the upcoming 5.00 Beta 6 update if you would like to avoid these limitations.

fanpages49 m ago

Important information for Beta Trial testersPlayStation®4 system software …Important information for Beta Trial testersPlayStation®4 system software update 4.74 has been released. When trying to start certain games, you may be prompted to update the system to 4.74 from the 5.00 Beta.Updating from 5.00 Beta to 4.74 will result in the following restrictions:- You will not be able to revert back from 4.74 to the current 5.00 Beta. (You will be able to update to the upcoming 5.00 Beta 6.)- The order in which content is displayed on the home screen will be reset.- Download links on the home screen (such as for SHAREfactory or Media Player) that you deleted will be displayed again.- Some items in [Notifications] will be deleted.- Some items in [Discover] that you have already seen will be displayed again.- Activities that were created and some settings you configured while using the 5.00 Beta will be stored on the PlayStation Network server. You may see notifications related to these activities and settings even after updating to 4.74.- Games that were downloaded while using the 5.00 Beta may not start properly after updating to 4.74. If this happens, delete the game, and then download it againPlease refrain from updating to 4.74 and wait for the upcoming 5.00 Beta 6 update if you would like to avoid these limitations.

I'm curious what's in this version. It doesn't seem like their is any incentive to update, other than to satisfy curiosity.

Lol this took an ugly turn.

MSK.2 h, 56 m ago

I'm curious what's in this version. It doesn't seem like their is any …I'm curious what's in this version. It doesn't seem like their is any incentive to update, other than to satisfy curiosity.

I only play "Uncharted 4: Drake's Retirement Package" online, anyway, so I'll just wait for 5.00 Beta 6 if necessary.

Talking which... one of my kids has asked me to sell their Xbox One ("Day One Edition") console & PlayStation 4 console (including all the game discs for each) because a PC platform has become more attractive in recent years.

(PS. I've just started the multiplayer matchmaking in "...A Thief's End" & I was not prompted to update to System Software 4.74 (so I'm still on version 5.00 Beta 5).

fanpages35 m ago

I only play "Uncharted 4: Drake's Retirement Package" online, anyway, so …I only play "Uncharted 4: Drake's Retirement Package" online, anyway, so I'll just wait for 5.00 Beta 6 if necessary.Talking which... one of my kids has asked me to sell their Xbox One ("Day One Edition") console & PlayStation 4 console (including all the game discs for each) because a PC platform has become more attractive in recent years.(PS. I've just started the multiplayer matchmaking in "...A Thief's End" & I was not prompted to update to System Software 4.74 (so I'm still on version 5.00 Beta 5).

I have things I want to play tonight, so I guess I will stick with it too.

The gaming machine was well received then?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants